1953 Buick Special 4 Door Sedan

Rudy_53

Hi guys: I'm new to this forum and i have, maybe, a difficult question to make, so excuse me for being my first one, i'll appreciate any help from you on this, here it goes: according to the Master Parts Book from around this year, which would it be the original designation of the part numbers involving the side molding that runs from the hood, down both doors and ends on the rear quarter panel of a 1953 Buick Special 4 Door Sedan and where can i buy the originals or quality exact reproductions of them??, checked CARS, Inc. (www.oldbuickparts.com) and Bob's Automobilia Catalogs (www.bobsautomobilia.com) and found nothing.

Best regards to you all,

Rudy.

PS: Thanks again to Dave Corbin for helping me to build the right question for you and, of course, his cooperation will be appreciated one more time!!!

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Rudy:

From the way you put the question, I have the sense that you are perhaps familiar with Ford part numbers, which have a designator on the front that tells you some information about what or when that part number came into the system.

Buick part numbers are exactly that, just numbers. Although some information can be gleaned from them, the information in regards to the questions you're asking isn't of any value.

Regards, Dave Corbin

Thanks again for your reply Dave, i'm browsing the web in order to buy a parts book and i'll appreciate that you help me finding where can i buy an original or a good reprint, i'm not quite sure about the contents of this parts books, the Buick Division issued ''Master Chassis Parts Books'', ''Master Parts Books'' and ''Parts Books'' covering an specific year or a period of years, can you or some other member help me to find out what's the difference between the contents of this three types of parts books?, this will help me to buy the right one.

Best regards to you all.

Rudy.