BB1 CARB HELP

I HAVE A 29 CHRYSLER WITH A BBI CARBURATOR, I SENT IT OUT HAD IT REBUILT AND WHEN YOU TURN THE CAR OFF GAS COMES OUT THE OVERFLOW TUBE ON THE BOTTOM OF THE CARB, ALSO GAS RUNS DOWN THE LINKAGE THIS PROBLEM ONLY HAPPENS WHEN YOU TURN THE CAR OFF A LITTLE GAS RUNS OUT THEN STOPS. THE GUY THAT REBUILT IT SAID THAT IS WHAT UP DRAFTS DO IT IS THE UNBURNT GAS IN THE MANIFOLD FALLING DOWN IS THIS TRUE. MIKE

Guest jimstulga

I used a BB1 carb on my '30 CJ Chrysler for a while and it ran great, but went back to the DR8 brass bowl original one. Both were rebuilt by Jeff Dreibus "The Old Carb Doctor" as he calls himself in the WPC newsletter advertisment for services offered. I didn't have any gas leaks with the BB1. I recommend using Jeff, but be prepared to wait....

• 5 years later...
Guest Tusler 49 New Yorker

It is my understanding that the fuel is making things run hotter because of the ethanol and when we shut off the car of course temp rises since cooling system is not functioning so the gas goes up and out of the vent tube. My 49 does this and it causes it to be flooded when I come out of the auto parts store or whatever and try to start up to leave. I read somewhere on the forums that a spacer between the carb and the manifold is suppose to help this but I do not know for sure.

• 1 month later...