'37 supercharged Cord Phaeton rubber toy

Su8overdrive

Pardon my not having a photo. I'm trying to help a friend who has an approximately 1/24th or 1/25th scale, red pliable rubber 1937 Cord Phaeton molded with top up. Black rubber wheels on pair of steel pin axles clipped into place. Other than the wheels, the entire toy is one piece of molded rubber. The windows, external exhausts, bumpers are painted silver.

The <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> only <span style="font-weight: bold"> </span> <span style="font-style: italic"> </span> identification are these marks molded into the inside of the toy: 400, and below that, Made in USA, and then below that a small circle with a G atop an F. That's it.

So, we're wondering who made this, about what year(s), how many, where were they were sold. We don't know that it's quite Antiques Roadshow caliber, but are curious.

Reply to: mike-exanimo@sbcglobal.net

Made by Garrett Rubber Co. One went for $29.99 on March 31, on Ebay. Another went for $20.51 on March 5. One went for $13 at an auction in Evansville, Ind. (Capitol Auctions LLC). One Ebay auction for a Corvette made by Garrett said: "These Garrett cars were made by a former Auburn Rubber employee, just down the road from Auburn, In. at Garrett In., after Auburn Rubber was out of business." I heard somewhere else, that these cars were made in the late 1960's or early 1970's but can't corroborate this.

Hope this helps. I'll be selling a blue rubber Cord by Garrett, on Ebay for my local AACA, in the near future.