69 BIG car AM FM and Power antenna.

Guest 67 Gran Sport 400

Guest GSScottie

Hello, I have a friend who has this set up from a 69 Buick and he is wondering what it is worth. He wants to put it on eBay with a buy it now but doesnt have a clue as to what price to list it at. I am not sure if the antenna is correct, but it looks like others I have seen for GM cars. This set up was being used as a work bench radio settup and the radio does work. I tryed it on FM and then turned to AM and then back again and it was still on the same channel and working. I also turned it on and off a few times without problems. Radio needs cosmetic repairs such as the I button and face is scratched, but it works. The antenna motor turns both ways but the antenna doesnt do up or down. Also, the center part of the antenna mast comes out of the mast assembly and the wires have also been cut and the cover for the motor is missing too. Whats it worth? What should his Buy it now be set at? Should he list them seperatly or together? Any insight is helpfull!

Thanks, Scott

post-54450-143137983425_thumb.jpg

Scott, you don't need a "price" to list it on ebay

start it out at 69¢, let the auction run from Thursday to Sunday night (10 days, yes send the extra 40¢) and let the buyers tell you how much it is worth, <span style="font-size: 14pt"><span style="font-weight: bold">DO NOT put in a buy it now</span></span> unless you want to give away money

take some GOOD pictures and crop out the background so you only see the radio.

The antenna should be sold separately IMHO, the radio buyer will not want it ...

We list items for consignors and have very good results, we take pictures of all the sides so there is no guessing as to the condition of the part

Here is an example of a radio we listed:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=330223928952

If you want us to list it we can do that for you, thanks!

Guest simplyconnected

I always start my bidding at a penny. Listing fees are then, 15¢.

There are a few 'tricks' crooked sellers use:

They overcharge for shipping. (The USPS has 'Flat Rate' containers that are cheap! Check them out.)

They charge a 'handling fee,' and sometimes it's hidden.

They list the condition as being way better than it is (near-MINT), and then sell 'AS IS,' and 'ALL SALES ARE FINAL,' and 'No refunds.' Some sellers think their junk is just greatest, and worth big bucks.

Let the pictures do the talking, but describe in great detail, accurately. Be as honest as you can. Take at least ten picures. Be honest. If you think the antenna won't sell, offer it as a 'bundle' with the radio. Above all, be honest. Put five good pictures up and one showing the down-side, like 'cut wires'. Represent the item as if YOU were buying it. If you do all that, you shouldn't get any questions. Ten days on the auction block should get you over 100 vistiors. Let the bidders duke-out the price. ABOVE ALL, don't ship until you have the money in your account.

Resulting FEEDBACK is real important. You want a happy winner.

I only have 150 feedbacks, but I have never had a NEGATIVE or NEUTRAL feedback. Here's my example:

Ford Dash Bezel Tool - 1949-1959

If you have any questions, or if you want me to review your listing (before you submit), let me know. - Dave Dare

Guest GSScottie

Thanks for all the advice. I personally dont think it is worth all that much because of condition. I will let him know what you all said, and thanks again!

Scott