1953 Buick Special (4 doors)

Rudy_53

Hi all!!:

I'm deeply concerned about restoring my old 1953 Buick Special 4 doors and i'm looking for a detailed information on the exterior parts of the body, for example: a picture indicating the parts could help, it's that i'm not familiarized with the vocabulary used to define this parts, i mean the parts that make the car looks beautiful such as emblems etc.

I'll appreciate any help on this that you can supply.

Thanks in advance and best regards to you all,

Rudy.

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Rudy:

I think what you need is a Buick Master Parts book from about 1955. There are diagrams in these books that give you what things are called in "Buickspeak", so you can learn the right names. By going to one from about 1955, you can see what other years that part fits. For example, is the same part from a 1952 Buick the same?

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Rudy:

I forgot to welcome you to the womderful (and sometimes strange) world of Buick. One of the best chapters of the BCA is in Chicago. Click on the BCA website and click to "Chicagoland" Good folks and very helpful.

Regards, Dave Corin

Thanks a lot Dave for welcome me to this wonderful ''World Of Buick'' and for your instructive answers that were a big help. Now i'm ready to get what i need to define these parts.

Best regards,

Rudy