I get some real Doozys

West Peterson

I get several "what is it" photos each month, most of them I put in Antique Automobile magazine. I save a few for the forum, however. This one is a real puzzler. This car is on Gibson Island, Maryland.

Here's what I'm told:

1. Solid Steel Wheels (or is that a backing plate?)

2. Gas tank fillable from both sides.

3. Spark advance/retard from steering wheel (zinc?)

4. Zinc(?) door handle with a brass swivel joint fitting about 3 inches from handle (thickness of door).

5. The last photo was a fitting at the base of the teering column (or thought it is, anyway).

post-33613-143137982448_thumb.jpg

post-33613-143137982449_thumb.jpg

post-33613-14313798245_thumb.jpg

post-33613-143137982452_thumb.jpg

post-33613-143137982452_thumb.jpg

Well, I don't know where in heck that dog came from. One of the forum moderators told me that I was crazy when I told him that photos from cyberspace just showed up from no where, so I'm going to leave it here just to show him.

Here's the photo that's supposed to be there.

post-33613-143137982456_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Restorer32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Likely the gas tank was not refillable from both sides but rather one side was the fill, the other the mechanical fuel gauge which would place it teens to early 20's. </div></div>

That's what I told him, also. (we talked on the phone)

Guest Leonard Shepherd

Thanks for posting the dog. It looks like Ginger, the Golden Retriever we used to have.

post-52673-143137982762_thumb.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: West Peterson</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I get several "what is it" photos each month, most of them I put in Antique Automobile magazine. I save a few for the forum, </div></div>

And here I thought you were going to try and have us identify this car including year, make and model. shocked.gif

Guest c.johnson

Ok the car...It could be an Oakland. My '23 sedan had gabriel shocks (snubbers), fuel tank with filler on one side & gauge on the other, and spark advance on the stearing wheel. Frame looks similar, but hard to tell with all the leaves.

Could be similar other cars as well. I think Grahams and a few others were similar parts for that period as well.