My recently aquired 65 Buick skylark GS

Josh_Machado

i plan to do a full restor on this car, but im not the richest sob alive so i do what i can when i can, new here just thought id make a post an let peeps take a look:)

buick-4.jpg

buick-1.jpg

buick-2.jpg

newcar-4.jpg

also i am curently doing a full engine rebuild/restore an i found a plack near my vally plate held on with 2 rivits, says Engine NO.1 on it, wth is that..as i said i am rather new so if this is a comon knowledge thing im sry to ask:p

Guest ZondaC12

Wow why are you going to do a full restoration!!??? Is the undercarriage bad? That thing is gorgeous. I'd do what Mr. Shaw suggested and then cruise it like that was goin outta style!!! Love the color combo.

Nice car. congratulations on the supreme buy. A convertible with A/C is somewhat rare in the mid sixites. a Skylark Gran Sport convertible is even rarer, since the Standard catalog of Buicks says only 1,181 Skylark convertibles were produced in 65, and the Gran Sport option package was introduced half way through the year. I don't know what that engine plate would be. Do you have a picture of it?

the body is in wondeful shap an thats the orginal paint on it, the restor is for the engine it was in shatters..the ppl who i got it from were in there 90's an didnt one have the knowledge or to the actual physical prowis to work on it..piston 8 was dead,2 lifters were bent an broke in half floatting around,the cam was ground down almost to nothing, piston walls needed to be resurfaced, all my valves were shot, had so much sludge u could fill a bathtub, it was a mess so i wanted to rebuild it back to its original state..no high performance upgrades i want it completly original..also cleaned an painted my engine bay while i was at it..will have new pics l8 monday, goin to put the engine back in

• 1 month later...