For Sale - 91 Coupe Black/Red

Ken_Smith

Thought I would offer this to you folks first ...

Year: 1991, Coupe

Asking Price: $ 3,900

Vin: 1G4EC13LOMB901030

Mileage: Less than 125,000

Title: Clear

Any Accident History? No

Exterior Color: Black

Interior Color: Flame Red

Paint Original? Yes – Yes, I know that the pinstripe does not have a gap at the door window area. Maybe the pin stripe guys at the factory decided to have some fun with the collectors. Maybe it was done later. I have no indication or evidence that this car has anything other than the original paint and pin striping. I have had the sunroof panel professionally repainted due it having a scratch in the paint that began to cause corrosion.

Paint Condition? Some checking in clear coat – no paint failure.

Belt & Bumper Molding Color: (Black/Body Color)

Body Dents: No

Body Rust: No

Windshield Chipped or Cracked? No

Vent Glass Intact? Yes

Rubber surround molding for windshield condition? Good/Fair

Rubber surround molding for rear window condition? Good/Fair

Outside Mirrors - Intact

Headlight Motors - Function Correctly

Tail Light Lens: Cloudy

Interior Original? Yes

16 Way Driver’s Seat? Yes – Both seats work - Driver’s seat control pod damaged. Those controls relocated to under front edge of seat. No wiring was modified. Can easily be put right with repaired pod.

Seat Condition? Good

Drivers/Passenger interior door panel condition? Good – Speaker grills need to be recovered.

Center console top armrest condition? Good

Door weather stripping condition? Good/Fair

Headliner Condition? Excellent – Professionally replaced

Carpet Condition? Good

Original Floor Mats: Yes

Floor Mat Condition: Good/Fair

Condition of Steering Wheel Leather: Good/Fair

Sun Roof? Yes – Works – Needs a little push to pop it open and a little shove at the last minute to get it closed.

Functional Keyless Entry? Yes – Both remotes – one missing battery cover

Problems with Electronic Dash items? No

Power Windows Work Correctly? Yes

Power Door Locks Work Correctly? Yes

Power Antenna Work Correctly? Yes

Original Sound System? – Available – Cassette and CD need repair – Presently installed and working is a factory radio/cassette and a factory CD player from a ’95 Riviera. The ’95 Riviera CD player’s connector was rewired to function with the Reatta wiring harness. No Reatta sound system wiring was modified.

Factory CD Player? (90-91 only): Yes

A/C Functional?: Yes - Still R-12

Does the suspension require any attention? – some squeaks in dry weather

Tire Brand: Firestone

Remaining Tread: 60%

Tires Matched? Yes

Factory Wheels? Yes

Factory Wheel Center Caps Condition: Good/Fair

Any Brake Components Replaced? Yes – Rear Calipers, pads and rotors 2004, Front Calipers, pads and rotors March 2008.

Last Time Brake System Was Flushed – March 2008

Original Engine? Yes

Original Engine Rebuilt? No

Does Engine require attention? No

Does the engine, cooling system, power steering, or brake system leak any fluids? No

How often do you change the oil? – six months

Original Transmission? Yes

Does Transmission require attention? No

When was last Transmission Service? - Unknown

Any Transmission Leaks? No

Have CV joints been replaced? No

I have some receipts for this vehicle's service history.

Does the car have the owner’s manual portfolio? No

In General, What items need attention? – Shift Quadrant lettering not original. I have original parts but the original white lettering is gone. It could use a new cigar lighter and socket. Top of instrument panel discolored.

My Reatta Drives: Excellent

I have owned and driven this Reatta for 5 ½ Years and I believe I am the third owner.

This 17 year old Reatta has never let me down at any time while I have owned it. Yes, I have had to repair things from time to time, but it has always given warning and has never left me stranded.

Pictures at http://home.comcast.net/~k3ws

These pictures are 3 years old. Condition of car substantially unchanged.

I will be glad to provide an up to date picture of anything about which you have a question.

Contact me at k3ws@comcast.net

Ken, if you want to determine more about your cars pinstripe, the Service Parts Label in the trunk is the cars DNA. There are lots of 3 digit codes and there is a code for "pinstripe delete" to cross reference this there is a code for the pinstripe color.

So if your car originally had NO pinstripe, you should find a YL6 code.

Otherwise, there will be a pinstripe color code, which in your case most likely will be a red stripe and that would be 75A for red. The order form "suggested" the pinstripe match the interior, but you could order any color pinstripe.

However, lets say the car came with a different color stripe, the colors all end with a "A" for accent stripe.

Here are the possible codes for 1991............

18A = Slate

21A = Dark Blue

40A = White

41A = Black

55A = Gold

75A = Red

85A = Dark Gray

The Service Parts label is located in the spare tire well, on the right side. You must raise the insulation to find it. I always take a photo and file it with the cars documents for reference. The paint code is also on the label and if you need touch up paint, that is the only place to find the paint code.

Barney,

Thank you for the refresher on the service tag codes. I have added a picture of the service tag to http://home.comcast.net/~k3ws. The Pinstripe code is 75A (red). As you can see from the pictures, the pinstripe is continuous and is red over gold (yellow?). Who knows! It's a nice job whoever did it and whenever it was done.

Thanks again for your kind attention!

Ken

Guest MauiWowee

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TommyH</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Sorry, but the pictured don't work. The link is dead. Thought I'd let you know! </div></div>

Tommy, the address works fine for me. You have to copy and paste. cool.gif

I would guess the entire car has been repainted.....reason,

If the car originally came with a red pinstripe, it would be red on both top and bottom stripe, also the original stopped under the side mirror and just past the door handle.

It is possible that the original red stripe faded from age and waxing and was replaced with the red/gold.

Thanks again Barney. Your theory certainly is plausible.

And, thanks to MauiWowee for providing a working link to my pix.

One of the links that I created had an extra character in it that caused it to fail.

Hopefully, a collector will be interested in this. I’d hate to see it go to someone who’ll treat it as just another old used car. I only have room for one Hot Wheels toy at a time, and it’s time for a new toy.

Looks like a very nice car and the color combination is not one you see.

I downloaded the Service parts label to my computer but the resolution is not good enough to read. Which leads to the next question.

The car appears to have the 16 way seat option, you can see the recliner button on the passanger seat, but there are no controls on the drivers seat. So a 2000 mile guess, the drivers seat skin has probably been recovered with a passanger seat skin, but why would they not reinstall the 16 way controls?

Below script was cut and pasted from the 1st /original post entry at top:

"Yes 16 Way Driver’s Seat? Yes – Both seats work - Driver’s seat control pod damaged. Those controls relocated to under front edge of seat. No wiring was modified. Can easily be put right with repaired pod."

I did reinstall the 16 way control pod - once. Every time I got in and out of the car, I slid across it and damaged it. Finally, I got tired of it looking crappy, and, since it wasn't the most inspired piece of engineering on the car, I moved the controls to a safe, though somewhat inconvenient location, and saved the damaged pod for a future, hopefully, restorer. A close look at the pictures will show the outline of the pod and the holes for the two screws on upolstery of the driver's seat.

Thanks for the education on clicking to enlarge. I will remember it until I go to sleep and ask again.

The Service parts label did show up crystal clear.

A80 & A81 are the codes for the 16 way seat.

CA1 is the sunroof

U1H is the CD player option

This was a loaded 1991 coupe.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ken_Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Barney,

Thank you for the refresher on the service tag codes. I have added a picture of the service tag to http://home.comcast.net/~k3ws. The Pinstripe code is 75A (red). As you can see from the pictures, the pinstripe is continuous and is red over gold (yellow?). Who knows! It's a nice job whoever did it and whenever it was done.

Thanks again for your kind attention!

Ken

</div></div>

The problem with the link is the period at the end. I always leave it off when listing a site. If you highlight the link, it is easy to accidentally grab the period and then you get a dead link message.