16 " wheel for an Airflow - with photos

huptoy

I have a 17 " wheel for an Airflow in very good condition. I am attempting to identify what model car the wheel came from. How can I identify the wheel, is there a part number stamped on it and where is it located?

What is the best angle to use to identify the wheel? The wheel is a blue.

Note: the tire on the rim is actually a 700 X 16, not a 17"

post-41405-143137976421_thumb.png

post-41405-143137976425_thumb.png

post-41405-143137976431_thumb.png

Not too familiar with wheels that far back. Look in the drop center of the rim. There should be some numbers stamped in the metal giving the size the maker and possibly the date it was made. At least, newer wheels have such markings by that I mean 40s and newer.

If you find any markings or numbers take a pic. Also take a pic straight from the side, as if you were looking at the wheel on the car. These would be the best shots for ID purposes.

Not too familiar with wheels that far back. Look in the drop center of the rim. There should be some numbers stamped in the metal giving the size the maker and possibly the date it was made. At least, newer wheels have such markings by that I mean 40s and newer.

If you find any markings or numbers take a pic. Also take a pic straight from the side, as if you were looking at the wheel on the car. These would be the best shots for ID purposes.

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

All Airflow wheels were 16" diameter with the exception of the Custom Imperial Airflow which was 17" diameter.

If you can give me the numbers on the inside of the rim I may be able to confirm if it is Airflow or not.

Regards

John Spinks

• 2 weeks later...
Guest JohnArthurSpinks

The rim is off either a 1934 or '35 Airflow that has been modified to fit up to a '36 Airflow with the extra holes for the dowl spigot that was used on the '36 models.

The rim also does not appear to have the safety bead that was rolled into the '36 rims.

This safety bead was not on the '34 & '35 rims.

Regards

John Spinks

Aussie C9 Airflow Coupe