'20s/'30s Mystery dash panel...Any ideas?

FLM

I have no idea and seeing this place is riddled with some of the best experts...

Takes seven gauges so I figure big car in the '28-'34 range.

Then again, I could be WAY off. It is a very detailed piece. Have at it, fellas!

2347621486_e6128c1d10_b.jpg

Thanks guys but I don't think it's a hot rod piece. Been collecting old speed /hot rod parts for better part of 25 years and I have never seen the detail on anything I have come across before.

The face comes off and is sandwiched between the backing plate and the gauges. Here is a photo of the back side.

Sorry for the blurry photo but you can see it was made with some thought.

2344994168_2d99d5b3e9_b.jpg

I'm afraid I have to cast my vote in the aftermarket column. That design is very "faux deco" to me, and the light socket holders look post war. And that is a strange multi-gauge configuration for a big car,,, a single large speedo hole is very unusual, the big cars almost universally had two holes (for a clock) with that many accessory gauges.

I do not have an ID for this. I would be careful though. I learned a hard lesson.

I sold a full set of instruments for an Auburn for $60 in the late seventies simply because we did not know what they fit. The buyer informed my dad and I AFTER he handed us the money and was carrying the instruments.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vintageride</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I do not have an ID for this. I would be careful though. I learned a hard lesson.

I sold a full set of instruments for an Auburn for $60 in the late seventies simply because we did not know what they fit. The buyer informed my dad and I AFTER he handed us the money and was carrying the instruments.</div></div>

At least at that time a set went for a couple hundred bucks. I passed on the full 1932 Auburn DASHBOARD with panel and guages at the Portland Swap meet ten years ago because I thought $550 was steep...