Leather/leatherette interior versus broadcloth/leather

Guest Harry Connors

Guest Harry Connors

I have a new (well it was stored in three sealed with plastic packages since 2001) pre-cut, pre-sewn, very nice brown leatherette (I have to check again as I think the seat covers are leather) interior. I either need to sell or trade this interior, as my wife is not a fan of any type of leather or leatherette interior. The interior is for a 1948 Lincoln Continental Coupe. Of course if I cannot sell or trade it I will have to use it and just put a sheepskin on her side of the seat as we have on the 41 Mercedes Open Touring car – that car has been in the family since 1972 and she still does not like the leather seats. Harry

Guest Harry Connors

Good question – we have been married 43 years – actually she says that the leather is cold in the winter and hot in the summer, both of which are true, but she is very satisfied with the small sheepskin that I put on her side when she rides with me.

There is a five-page article in the fall 2007 issue of the Mercedes Classics on my old Mercedes. We, wife and child, have driven it three times across the USA, to Norway, Scotland, Greece, several times to Spain and a bunch to Italy not to mention the hundreds of Sunday drives here in Germany and surrounding countries.

On the Lincoln interior she noted that the sheepskin could be moved from car to car so she is not that concerned about it. If I can trade/sell the interior and purchase the cloth/leather combination fine, if not she can live with the leather/leatherette. Oh my wife does not drive, never had any interest in a drivers license so she is more interested in the creature comforts than I am. Harry