Is this a Reo?

Argyll

I realise that this site isn't technically truck related, but if there's one thing I've learned about here it's the wealth of knowledge in these forums on all sorts of transport related subjects.

I'm a member on a UK classic vehicle web site that's had a question posted by an Australian member about what he believes to be perhaps a Reo. May I ask, is it possible anybody could confirm the make and what year it is please?

da00.jpg

dd49.jpg

100f.jpg

Thanks, Argyll. wink.gif

Guest aussie610

good luck, with an answer, but I would suggest the guys here may have a problem, It looks like a local body on an imported chassis (They all were at that time)

Would suggest they contact "Restored cars". I think a remember an article in one of their magazines a couple of years ago about a truck like that, cant remember any detail, but can remember the truck

The location looks like "The Dog on the Tucker Box" monument at Gundagai NSW Australia.

The pic must have been taken a long time ago as the site has a large petrol station, food hall and rest area etc there now.

I can't make out what the badge says on the grill??

Manuel in Oz

Guys - may I mention that I'm going on vacation on the 25th for 3 weeks (doing the vehicle shows in Florida smile.gif ), so if anybody posts something into this thread that may need a reply it will be a wee while before I see it and respond.

I've also sent the member I'm asking the question for the link to this thread, so he might pop up in my absence.

Argyll.

Thanks HD45.

When I was a kid my neighbour was an old "Bushie", of the kind mentioned in the story.

I think he told me the history.

In the second pic the windscreen looks like it is tinted. [not allowed here]

Can anybody see if it is LHD or RHD?

Hope u all have a great Easter.

regards

Manuel in Oz