Can you date this picture? Lots of cars + station wagon? Txs!

Guest pizmo

Guest prof pat

my guess is 1940, 1941 which is the newest year(studebaker champion) I see. my guess, daytona races on the beach?

Guest prof pat

The Station wagon I think is an olds 39-41, gm for sure. In the line of cars from left, 1932 ford station wagon, number five from left is 1936 ford, third from left is 39? Pontiac I thinks.

I'm sorry, but I think that car we think is a Studebaker is really a '39 Chrysler. I originally thought it was a Studebaker, too. The grille isn't wide enough, and the bumper dips in the center.

The woodie wagon appears to be Pontiac. They are the only GM wagons who used all that extra framing. Chevy, Olds and Buick had less framing. Rear fender opening is flat on the top - '41 or '42.

And it's not a '42 because the fenders don't run into the doors.

Paul

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The car dead center of the line (with the accessory/optional bumper ends) is a 1941 Buick. </div></div>

I thought that was a '41 Plymouth...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oldsfan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Dave@Moon</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The car dead center of the line (with the accessory/optional bumper ends) is a 1941 Buick. </div></div>

I thought that was a '41 Plymouth... </div></div>

I thought the headlights were mounted too high for it to be a Plymouth, but upon closer inspection the single blade grille guard is just visible in the photo. It definitely is a 1941 Plymouth, I was wrong.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: windjamer</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Picture is mighty fuzzy on my screen, I guess 33-39 </div></div>

I think Oldsfan hit it on the nose with the 1941 Plymouth. It's at least a 1941 photo, but of course since no cars were made after Jan. 1942 it could very likely have been taken at any time during the war.

1941_Plymouth_Conv-cream-td=mx=.jpg

Of the cars lined up. My guess is:

No 1--1938/39 standard or deluxe Ford with the tear drop head lights

No 3--I think Tinindian got it, 1929/30 Pontiac and

No 5--A 1936 Ford

I was staring at the screen too closely before. This time I sat back a bit and I think it helped.

Cheers,

Manuel in Oz