1932 Packenberg

Guest JT

Anyone know the whereabouts of the 1932 Packard cabriolet that was fitted with a Duesenberg J engine and transmission sometime around 1949. It had the front crossmember moved forward and the hood extended to accommodate the longer engine, other than that it looked stock from the picture I saw. Quite interesting.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks,

My father, Harold (Hal) Dahl, bought the car for about $1500 in the mid/late 50's, and while I wasn't born until 1961 I still remember that car like it was yesterday. And to think I used to sleep in the little parcel shelf behind the front seat!

The hood was extended about 4" but to be honest, I don't know what other mods were done to accommodate the straight 8 engine. What I most vividly recall was the sound that thing made around 1,700rpm which was pure music to the ears. When we had it, it was gray and black, but after he sold it in the late 70's it was restored from the ground up in bright red.

I'll see if I can find any pics of it although it might be difficult as all my albums were lost in a fire.

Thanks for bringing back some great memories.

If I ever win the lottery, I know what the first thing I'm buying is!

• Like 1

• 6 years later...
  • 6 years later...

20201211_222104.thumb.jpg.0e1419297a04f0c0a2efba2d8620979e.jpg

On 7/21/2014 at 10:50 PM, lundbergvette said:

The car is owned by Brent McKinley in the Pacific northwest.

This is a Picture I took myself in 1991 at age 16 when I lived & worked for my Uncle (Ex-Uncle thru marriage ). He was always very kind to me & my family even though we weren't Blood. I worked an entire Summer for him when I was 16. Got to go to a lot of Amazing Car Shows, Drove his 100% Cherry 1967 350 SS CHEVY CAMARO My dream Muscle Car! He has a Beautiful Collection of Antique Cars & Corvettes! One of the most fun Summers I ever had & I'll be eternally Grateful for his kindness. He has a full time mechanic, car painting barn, 2 Huge Garages full of Antique Cars! Everyone looked like it literally just rolled off the Factory Floor from Top to Bottom! He had (back then) recently sold a Duesenberg for $750,000. And that was in the early '90's! 20201211_222131.thumb.jpg.ecad0a2697b0aa4d193572e2ea9d40ee.jpg

• Like 1