I SEARCH BUICK 1953 2 DOORS HT SERIES 60

Guest alex ligotti

Guest alex ligotti

hello i'm alex i write from italy TURIN the city of olimpyc games. in 2001 i founded one club of american cars www.oldamericars.com ...i like all american cars but i like so much the 40'S 50's....know i have one chevrolet corvette collector edtion 1982 in perfect condition... but i'm love the buick super riviera 1953 2 doors ht serie 50 with 8 cil.a V8...i my club there many american cars many caddy 54 55 56 conv. plymouth barracuda dodge challenger much corvette and many more ... we have chrysler 300 e plymouth fury 57 50 golden commando and much more...

BEST REGARDS

P.S SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH

ALEX www.oldamericars.com from italy

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Alex:

First your English is much better than my Italian.

Second, you should join the Buick Club which will make it much easier to find parts and information.

Third, I notice from my members listing that there are 2 other Buick Club members in Italy, including Nicola Bulgari, the famous jeweler. He has been a Buick Club member for over 40 years and owns a collection of great Buicks, so you wouldn't be the only member from Italy!!

Regards, Dave Corbin

Guest alex ligotti

thanks all members ... i want see the club in italy of BULGARI thak you very much!!!

yes i konw yesterday on ebay this buick 53 ,but it's not original .. i don't like the color i don't like more parts ...i prefere all original!!!

i wanna buy one original buick 53 ...

i like the pictures of blu buick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest alex ligotti

Dave i search the buick club in italy of Bulgari but i don't see!!!i write in google , virgilio, yahoo, but i'dont search nothing... do you have the link???

Guest DaveCorbin

Dear Alex:

Signori Bulgai has ben a member for about 40 years of the Buick Club of America. He maintains a residence in New York, but his home is in Rome. He is well-known among Buick collectors, with heavy emphasis on late 1930's famous Buicks.

Among the cars are a 1936 Special Sport coupe, a 1937 2 door Special sedan, a 1938 90L limosine, a 1939 Century Sport coupe, a 1940 81C Roadmaster convertible sedan, and a 1941 Roadmaster convertible coupe.

At one time he owned about 15 excellent Buicks, although I remember he very kindly donated some of them to the Sloan Museum in Flint, Michigan.

I'm sorry I don't have more of a link for you.

Regards, Dave Corbin

• 2 months later...
Guest imported_JPIndusi

Keith:

i see you have the wire wheel hubcaps. I have a set for the Special, 45R. The wheels on mine are red as yours appear. However, the wire wheel hubcaps have a black background. I assume that you painted the center part of your wheels black and left the edge red.

Otherwise you would see the red of the wheel next to the black of the wire wheel hubcap.

Do I have it about right?

Joe, BCA 33493

Guest my3buicks

Hi Joe,

I believe there is a difference in wire wheelcover design between the large series and small series in 53 - the large series are closed behind the wires not allowing you to see the wheel- if memory serves me correctly the ones on the Special are open and allow you to see the wheel.

Guest imported_MrEarl

I've bought and sold a few sets of these in trying to get a set good enough to possibly run on one of my 54. (I know it would not be "correct" but that's the closest I'll ever get to wire wheels) I've never seen the original equipment ones enclosed in back of the spokes. There are some aftermarket ones that are enclosed as is spoken of here. The only difference between the Special and the rest are that the Specials have a Buick Insignia in the center while the rest have the V8 insignia. That's just my experience, there may be original equip enclosed ones, I have just never seen them.

Guest imported_JPIndusi

I have several of these in an attempt to restore 4 of them for use on my 53 Special. All of them allow you to "see" through the spokes at the outer edge to the wheel. I believe I have at least one or two from series 50/70 because these are deeper than the others. So I think there were two differences between the series 40 and the 50/70:

one being the center cap design (Buick Coat of Arms for the 40 and large V for the 50/70) and the depth. This would seem to be correct because the wheels on the series 40, I believe, were 1/2 narrower than the larger cars.

Thanks.

Joe, BCA 33493

Guest imported_Thriller

According to the BCA Judging Manual, the series 40 had 15x6 wheels, series 50 was 15x6 with optional 15x6.5 and series 70 was 15x8 (76X was 15x6 wire).