vacuum antenna

Guest ricko1

Guest rickomo1

Picked up some parts the other day and aquired a vacuum controlled antenna, none of the cars i have, would use it so i was wondering if they were ever in lincolns (i think so) and if there is interest i could post pics at least someone would know.it was in a lot of parts i bought .

Guest DavidHitchinson

I grabbed one out a 54 lincoln in a wrecking yard once seemed to be original as the car was loaded with options? Dave

Guest Harry Connors

My 48 Continental Coupe has the vacuum switch and a hole in the fender but no antenna, does anyone know where I can get one? Thanks Harry

There's a guy that advertise's in Hemmings out of North Carolina. Klaus Wojak 828-898-9338. He gets between $300 to 450. to rebuild them. When I spoke to him he never really said if he had any for sale. Arrogant sort of guy, not willing to give out much info. I guess he's protecting is piece of the restoration business. Anyway I think he is out of the country till May, but try him. I have one that I received when I bought my '48 Continental,it's in very bad shape,but found one on Ebay a few months ago that one works good going up but not as well going down.

• 5 weeks later...

I found an antenna. It was missing several parts. 1) the nut that screws on top of the antenna and secures the top of the antenna to the fender. 2) The threaded attachment that the antenna wire attaches to. This item should include the probe that contacts the antenna staff. Does anyone out there have these items or know where I could get them. I contacted Klaus Wojak but he is not interested in selling parts. I understand, this is the way he makes an income. So I look elsewhere. Glenn Lorei (b6vt)

• 5 years later...