1958 Dodge Custom Sierra wagon History needed please

Finster

Hi, I am new to this site. I recently bought this wagon and am looking for the history of THIS particular vehicle. I bought it from Maine, he got it from South Carolina, he got it from Utah and there is where it stops. About 4 years ago the car was in Utah. Does anyone know who owned it? thanks for any help. -Bob

post-55818-143137970845_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
Guest elmo39

you might have to look a bit further than the US, if it is a custom sierra it would have been built in Canada.

Some motor vehicle departments are more open than others. My '53 Jaguar had an Oregon title that listed the car previously titled in Montana. I called the Montana DMV and gave them the VIN. They confirmed that they had information on the car and for $25 they would send a copy of all they had.

I got a nice package that took the history of the car back to Sun Valley, California in 1976. I lost the trail there, not able to find Steven Giles.

It is a great packet if history.

The Utah DMV might be worth a try.

Cool wagon, but try to be realistic. People are spoiled by CarFax and the like, but those databases didn't exist when cars like this were new. Paper files cost money to store and were frequently discarded over time. Few have been entered into electronic databases to facilitate searching. Good luck but don't hold your breath.

You can get the build information including, on at least some years, the dealer the car was shipped to for US Built Chrysler product cars built from 1930 through 1967 by contacting the Chrysler Historical Collection.

Corporate Historical Collection

12501 Chrysler Fwy.

CIMS 410-11-21

Detroit, MI 48288 USA

Attn: Historical Information

Phone: +1.313.252.2902

Fax: +1.313.252.2928

E-mail: archives@wpchryslermuseum.org

Walter P. Chrysler Museum