keys

Guest craig hewitt

Guest craig hewitt

my son has a 92 Buick regal with the keys in the ignition car is locked has been sitting for months we went to the dealer to get a door key made they said it was to old we have tried to break in to it but haven't had any luck any suggestions its covered in a foot of snow

Guest MauiWowee

I will admit it, this has happened to me more than once. It is another justification for the money I spend for my AAA RV Plus membership. Good luck. cool.gif

what kind of internal locks does it have? And is the battery charged?

If the locks are smooth and the battery is dead then call a lock smith.

If there is any kind of lip on the locks or if the batery is charged and it has push button power locks then I suggest a stiff piece of metal rod (hanger but they are usally a bit flimsy) and wide beveled tool. Pry the top of the door and use the metal rod to actuate the locks. For the metal rod I have found that the metal off of a wire plant holder thing works well. Did you like the holder thing refrence.

I do understand that it might me frustrating but it can be done with a bit of patients.

Guest F14CRAZY

A non retracting car antenna also works well when trying to break in. I figured it out pretty well when the keys were locked in the convertible but that probably shouldn't be a detailed thread with photos

Google "steck manufacturing" and explore their site...I have been using their lock out tools since the early 70's and with great success...

Will probably cost less to get a lock out tool than a lock smith...(maybe even an entire set of tools?) ... just an idea...

Guest craig hewitt

went to a local gas station they wanted 50.00 bucks to get in to it called aaa and bought a membership for my wife and i for 63.00 bucks they sent someone out in 15 min frt doors were frozen but he got the back to open up thanks for all your suggestions craig

i ordered a lock cylinder from a gm dealer about a year ago, and they wanted the v.i.n. to match up how to arrange the tumblers inside the lock and cut the key. it was for the trunk though, so who knows... glad you got in. i always have an ignition key hidden in my glovebox and an extra door key inside my wallet. that way i'm never locked out unless i lose my wallet, and then i couldn't pay a locksmith anyway.