GM Parts Direct???

waltmail

Has anyone had any experience with GM Parts Direct?

http://www.gmpartsdirect.com/

I ordered 2 parts last week and am now nervous about their delay in arrival. The only communication I have been able to elicit from them is what appears to be an automated response. NO tracking info or status, other than " in process". Is this typical?

I did get a statement of policy and disclaimer from them in their auto response. That seems to be obfuscation and avoidance. As of now, I believe I made a poor choice. Any comments. Hopefully I did not violate a code of conduct with this post.

I have used them a few times. Usually they have the best price on genuine GM parts. Their shipping is on the high side. If the status is "in process" the part may not have been in stock and they are waiting for it to arrive at their warehouse. You will see a tracking number in the order status section of their website when the item is shipped. I believe they will also email the tracking number.

I have always received my parts but I have read here on this forum that they are not very helpful in finding lost parts. I wouldn't be afraid to use them again.

Is a case of "you get what you pay for". A local dealer is probably best if you want some accountability and part in your hand but the price will be high. If you know exactly what you want (and the shipping is less on multiple parts) then Flow Chevrolet (GMDirect parent) is my choice. I have never had any trouble with them but some here have.

Guest steveskyhawk

I bought one small part that weighed a pound. S&H was $10.95. No biggie one part. I bought 11 of the same part and was charged 80.01 for S&H. What a gouge! Works out to the same as retail.

NEVER AGAIN!!!!!!!!

I ordered 2 parts, and am assuming they will be bundled together in the same box. Very lightweight, small items. I was charged S&H seperately for each one, on the check out invoice. I agree the price was very good, but the communication is non existent and anxiety inducing.

Jim Finn is the standard by which they should all operate. Had I known I would have ordered the parts "used" from Jim, if available. Who knows, since GM Parts Direct does not refund or cancel, I may end up with Jim.

Guest F14CRAZY

Give them a few more days, two weeks is fairly typical with them.

The trick would be to get to know the guy at your local dealer's parts desk. Call and request parts often enough, like at the Ford dealer with our vans and the Explorers I had. The dude at the desk would give us, according to the invoice, "preferred wholesale" pricing.

Slightly off the topic, but same with like the auto parts store. Make a commercial account with them. At Advance, with this, I can call in parts that need to be ordered and don't have to go to the store and pay for them first and there's a decent savings...the other day we bought some oil and brakes for my dad's Civic, and it went from about $75 to $60 with the account pricing kicked in