241.5 1936 C7 Airstream engine parts/info. wanted

VW4X4

I need a water distribution tube for my 241.5 1936 C7 Airstream engine. I've found shorter versions for the

Plymounth/Dodge engines, and I've found 37 thru 54 tubes...

Anyone have any idea if I can modify a newer version to fit

my engine, OR have any idea where I can find a water dis.

tube that will fits, without giving up and arm and a leg?

Eric

vw4x4@verizon.net

as far as i am aware they cant be altered , have you tried www. kanter .com , robertsmotorparts.com, thennow.com, Atlas Obsolete.com or agelessautoparts.com. as an aside i have been running my 54 without one for the last 16-18 yrs . but i do not live in the US and we do not have the weather extremes yopu do

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: elmo39</div><div class="ubbcode-body">as far as i am aware they cant be altered , have you tried www. kanter .com , robertsmotorparts.com, thennow.com, Atlas Obsolete.com or agelessautoparts.com. as an aside i have been running my 54 without one for the last 16-18 yrs . but i do not live in the US and we do not have the weather extremes yopu do </div></div>

I don't know how you get away with this. Without the tube the cooling water goes straight from the water pump up into the rad. Your front cylinder gets cooled but your back cylinders get practically no cooling at all.

It's a wonder you haven't burned out your back cylinders valves or seized a piston by now. Or possibly warped something from the heat.

Rusty when i first bought my 54 all i wanted was a driver but it had to look al right and be reliable. i repainted it did the brakes put new bearings in the trans and had the engine rebuilt,the engine lasted about 400 miles and ran a bearing (it had a new distribution tube in it )it was sent back the the engine reconditioner to redo it .but in the meantime i wanted to use it, so i fitted a used engine that was worn had no distribution tube fited and used oil(about i quart in 500 miles ). the redone engine came back eventualately so i refitted it . guess what it lasted about the same milage (i think i got about 600 miles out of it this time) so back it went to the reconditioner, and back in went the used engine .after about six months of chasing he finally admitted that he had used taiwanese copy bearings and that he would put it right , he still hasn't and suprise, suprise he has now gone out of busness. i carried on using the old used engine up untill about 12months ago, when i took the car off the road to do some minor rust repair and decided to follow my on advice to others, do it properly or not at all , and have decided to restore it after i have finished my 39 , it was still running quite sweetly when i took it off the road (although it was using a bit more oil) it just shows how reliable these old Chrysler 6 engines were ,i couldn't seem to be able to blow it.