1953 Buick Super 8 Convertible

BillMadden

Guest my3buicks

Bill, It looks fantastic - it is so great to see this car saved, and to be brought back to life in such a big way. Great Job!!! As you know, I knew this car before it's misfortune, and got to see it after - what you have done to it is spectacular.

Edited by my3buicks (see edit history)

Guest 53Nailhead

Bill...'Bout time ;):D

As I've said in our many emails & phone calls over the last couple of years "Well done & well deserved" An outstanding job! Congrats!!

Les

Bill,

I know I have told you before but you have done a very splendid job giving this car another 50 years or so. Thanks for letting our "gang" in for the premier pictures. It was nice seeing these pics before the general public.

Stevo

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest 53Nailhead

Once again Bill, That's One Beautiful 53!!!! Of course you & I are a tad bias :D

You've done an outstanding restoration!

Hope you & Ann enjoy many carefree miles cruz'in.

Guest 53Nailhead
Debut at GoodGuys Show at Del Mar, CA on 9,10,11 April. It will be inside one of the buildings at the fairgrounds.

Thanks,

Bill

Good Luck Bill !

I'm sure you'll bring home some hardware. Look forward to the pixs.

Excellent work Bill. She is indeed a beauty. What most don't realize is that Bill had some serious health issues during this restoration but never let it get him down enough to stop the process. I wonder if perhaps it was actually good therapy. Look forward to a report from the Good Guys show.

Cheers from a fellow Buick Rascal, :)

• 2 weeks later...

I want to thank everyone for their great comments. Lamar, I just talked to Les awhile ago. Need to bring the car home today from the show. Took lots of pics but some need cleanup b4 posting. Had acouple great chats with Gary Ghoulson. That was the highlight of the show for me. Got lots of raves on the Buick. Gawd, that makes me feel good! Will do more later......

Bill

post-53430-143138196626_thumb.jpg

Guest 53Nailhead

As always Bill, a pleasure talking with ya this morning.

Good to hear you & Anne are enjoying the show & getting the "thumbs up".

You deserve it, a stunning restoration!

Looking forward to the pixs !

Bill, I enjoyed meeting you yesterday and getting a first hand look at your spectacular 53. Although this show was mostly rod/ custom/ modified cars, it was exciting to see the crowds around your original Buick.

It was all very inspiring . . . I cant wait to get started on my 53.

post-30737-143138196664_thumb.jpg

post-30737-143138196669_thumb.jpg

post-30737-143138196673_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Dan Cook

Bill, I just went back to the beginning and looked at the pictures of the '53 from when you first got it. Wow, what an accomplishment when you see it all at one sitting. Just a beautiful automobile and so much patience.

Dan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest Bud Langlois

Hey Bill,

I looked at your car from your link in your email. I've joined the club but could not get it to recognize your name to give you the credit for referring me.

Your Buick looks get!! You do superb work. I'll probably be picking your brain from time to time, hope you don't mind.

Right now I'm collecting the parts I need for my restoration/custom rebuild. "Petiful Pearl" my 1952 Buick 2 door HT Roadmaster Riviera (76R)is in sad shape. In the future I'll probably have a lot of parts to sell. I'm replacing the drive train and maybe the complete frame to make it very fun drive.

Let me know if you have anything extra that you think I could use in my build.

Really hope you get your car finished soon so you can enjoy this summer. :)

Guest Bud Langlois

Bill,

I feel really stupid! Guess I didn't get all the way thru your Postings. To my surprise your car is done and loooooks Fantastic!!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Still feel poorly, but have made progress, with the help of my buddies Tim Brown and Dick Ponce. Hoping it won't be long before the 'new engine/tranny' are tested.

'Before I'm gone'..... I better mention Dick Sweeney also helped install the engine and debug a few things. There! you happy now Dick.

post-53430-14313825415_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

The Orange County (CA) Chapter of the Buick Club of America has been getting together at Dick Sweeney's place in Alpine, CA once a year for several years. This year Dick had my '53 featured in front of his garage. I am very humble, considering he gave it precedence over his excellent '61 and several other of his cars. I have attached a copy of the first page of the OCCBCA newsletter. The following people are in the photo:

From left Nancy Bjorklund, Garry Toulson,

Debbie Sweeney, Sheila and Jim Anderson,

Bruce Andren, Bill Madden (owner of the

beautiful 1953 Buick Convertible) Dick Sweeney

and LA Chapter member & photographer Paul Mochel.

Picture taken by Paula Mochel

post-53430-143138379063_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...