PEERLESS DOOR HANDLES

Larry1701

HI THIS IS LARRY FROM TEAMCORVETTE IN JACKSONVILLE FLORIDA AND I NEED SOME INFORMATION.I AM FINISHING A RESTORATION ON A 1929 PEERLESS AND NEED A NAME OF A COMPANY THAT MIGHT HAVE AN INSIDE AND OUTSIDE SET OF DOOR HANDLES.A THINK THEY WERE BASED ON A LINCOLN DESIGN AT LEAST ON THE INSIDE DUE TO THE SCREW ON BEZELS.AND THE OUTTERS ALMOST LOOK LIKE HOME GARAGE DOOR HANDLES.IF ANYONE CAN HELP PLEASE EMAIL ME OR CALL ME COLLECT AT 904 723 3000.THANKING YOU IN ADVANCE...LARRY

• 2 weeks later...

Larry,

Great to hear about the Peerless restoration at your shop in Florida. Don't know the original source of those handles or a modern co. that has something like that in stock, unfortunately.

Do you have an interchange manual from that time period? I have seen them for sale on e-bay in the past, and they allow you to see what parts on what makes of cars made by what suppliers are interchangable. You may have this covered already, but the ad for one suggested that -- w/ all the different car companies then -- you could find headlights, wipers, bumpers, wheels & quite a few electrical parts that were the same part but used by many different companies. Maybe, since Peerless was one of the kings of the so-called assembled car business, that would let you find handles.

If you have time, send me some data about the Peerless, such as body style, ser. #'s, W.B., Model. Both Bryan Moran and I at the Peerless Club are compiling lists of surviving vehicles & would like to make them more accurate. You can send this via the PM function found by clicking Forum user's display names. More later. Thank you! --Jeff

• 3 weeks later...