57 Seat Belts!

lancemb

Hi, I would like to add seet belts to my 57 RM, but don't want to chop anything up. Weren't they a factory option, and has anybody seen any? If I have to go non-original, can they easily be installed without any chopping/drilling (using existing seat bolts)?

Guest my3buicks

You can find seat belts that are very complementary to your 57's interior. There are several companies that make belts geared directly for our classic rides. If you install them you want to do it properly. You WILL need to drill holes in the floors as you will need to put an anchor on the underside so the bolt doesn't pull right thru the floor in the event of an accident. The finished result is very tasteful and looks very proper.

You cannot use the original seat track holes because the inboard belt will not be long enough to reach around the occupants. The inboard belt needs to be mounted near the transmission tunnel. And as pointed out, you need an anchor underneath the floor.

I bought chrome buckle seat belts for my 56 last year from Wesco Products. The longer ones were required for the front seat. The shorter ones work great for the rear seat.