PA Show car registration

I believe what you are referring to is House Bill 2163, which actually creates a new reduced intensity class of state enhanced inspections for hobby cars, not registration.

As the PA House of Reps web site explains it; reconstructed, specially constructed and modified vehicles (as of 2007) are required to undergo expensive "enhanced inspections" both when first registered and whenever any modifications are done. These can cost a few hundred dollars, and are only available at about 300 places statewide. This bill makes for a "show car" exemption for cars driven less than 5000 miles annually. Of course, this being Pennsylvania, the exemption only means you get away with an as yet undefined lesser inspection program. (The bill currently lists the the 23 point NSRA inspection program as the model to be followed. We'll have to see what kind of camel the PA legislative committees can make that into! whistle.gifsmirk.gif )

Maybe they'll go back to the old square stickers with the big 1-2-3-4 numbers, just for old times' sake! smile.gif

Sometimes I'm very glad I moved to Ohio. grin.gif