Boss Hoss Trike for sale

• 1 month later...

Imagine my surprise to see this trike for sale on Ebay and not by me???

Yes someone copied my pictures and description and put it on Ebay with a $500 deposit that must be PayPaled within 24 hours of sale.

I contacted Ebay told them the seller was not the owner.

Ebay pull the ad and contacted everybody who bid or ask questions telling them of the fraud.

I guess it is a common scam. Luckily I caught it before anyone lost money on it.

I sent the seller a question and ask where the bike was located and if I could see the bike before I bid.

He replied that the bike was in CA and I could not see it till after the final bidding and then only if I was the high bidder. This answer was a surprise to me as I knew the bike was in Indiana and I could look at it anytime I wanted as it was in my garage.

I have a deposit down on the bike just awaiting the final money transfer and the shipping company and 2 back up buyers I guess I priced it too cheap. Heck the fraud Ebay ad was bid higher than I was asking.

So it doesn't hurt to scan Ebay every now and then to see if anything you own is up for sale.

There were quite few trike v6's made and they still make them.

They made very few v6 2 wheelers made and I sold the only one Monty ever made with the 2 speed and reverse to Howie in HI. You probably know him from the list.

http://beaver.vinu.edu/boss%20Hoss.htm

The problem was most people did not want to pay the extra cost of the Mercruiser V6. The motor cost more than the Chevy small block V8 and and on a trike why pay the extra money when weight isn't that big of and issue. On the 2 wheeler the 2 hundred pounds made a big difference.

Most of them made just used the standard GM V6 and they had over heating and plug fowling problems due to the constant lugging at low RPMs. All but one had the single speed, no reverse converter.

The trike should leave to CA by the middle of next week.