Car in scrap yard in Ga.

Guest PTC Bob

Guest PTC Bob

I found Vin 1G4EC13C6LB901659 in a local scrap yard. Pull-a-part, south lot. Many items are damaged or missing. Here's what I know to be visually good:

<span style="font-weight: bold">Driver's 16-way Tan seat</span>--no tears, leather looks good.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Passenger seat </span>isn't torn just looks to be dirty.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Antenna & motor</span>.

<span style="font-weight: bold">IP & IC </span>are visually okay--without power can't tell much.

There is <span style="font-weight: bold">1 wheel </span>without center that is in good condition.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Motor and components </span>look okay now but, will be weathered soon.No hood on car.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Radio</span>& <span style="font-weight: bold">Climate Control </span>heads look okay.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Carpet-Tan </span>doesn't look bad.

The car has a <span style="font-weight: bold">sunroof</span> that looks okay.

<span style="font-weight: bold">Rear bumper </span>isn't in too bad condition. The body color is red.

If anyone is interested...you better hurry..they don't last long, especially in this lot.

JWC, why not get your local Junk Yard to check it out or get it for you? Junk Yards across this country have the equivalent of the old Whoop and Holler communication system only using mondern technology. I live in small Sarasota, Florida and had my Junk Yard find me a Teves system in Ohio two years ago ... total cost was $129.00. A guy I know in Nashville got one for $159.00. The Buick dealership charges $1,800.00 for the three parts (not sold separately) that comprise the unit.

See ya, John

Guest PTC Bob

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Enoytsur</div><div class="ubbcode-body">JWC, why not get your local Junk Yard to check it out or get it for you? Junk Yards across this country have the equivalent of the old Whoop and Holler communication system only using mondern technology. I live in small Sarasota, Florida and had my Junk Yard find me a Teves system in Ohio two years ago ... total cost was $129.00. A guy I know in Nashville got one for $159.00. The Buick dealership charges $1,800.00 for the three parts (not sold separately) that comprise the unit.

See ya, John </div></div>

John, Which 3-parts are you making reference to...I'm guessing, 1)Accumulator...what else?

Just to let all know, Bob was in the scrap yard to take off some parts including the Teves, which would have ended up in Ron's hands to investigate the possibility of rebuilding at a reasonable cost. After struggling with the pin holding the fork to the brake pedal, a form of scrap yard inversion therapy, Bob was able to get all but two of the firewall nuts off before he was thwarted. The last two nuts separate him from success. I have done this job, but can't remember the secret to getting a wrench or socket around those nuts. In any case, I want to thank Bob publically for his efforts to get this project off the ground.