F/S AUTOMOTIVE ART GLASS

Guest PaulSigmund

Guest PaulSigmund

I make custom made stained glass. I have been making Oldsmobile designs but I have the ability to do any design as long as there is artwork I can use. Please take a look at my webpage and see some of my designs and projects.The pieces on this page have been sand blasted to put the design into the glass. These designs are not decals on glass the design is sand blasted into the glass on the backside using special glass.

http://www.rocketstainedglass.com

Edited by PaulSigmund (see edit history)

Guest PaulSigmund

This is a mirror that has the pattern sand blasted on the backside and the the color paint is added. The detail is crazy. 10" in dia. stainedglass335tw4.jpg

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Wow. That's one of the neatest, and nicest, car show awards I've ever seen.

I threw out a bunch of old car show trophies last year. Tall, gaudy, taking up space and catching dust. About all I saved were the OCA and AACA awards, and a few special awards my cars had won over the years at local shows- 10-year participant, "Diamond in the Rough", stuff like that.

Feedback we got from members when we planned the 1995 National Meet was that people didn't want big, gaudy, cumbersome trophies that took up a lot of room in their homes. We used smaller engraved plaques that went over well.

The 1994 Canadian Nats started that trend by using a small, simple engraved clear art plastic award. Mid Atlantic used a similar laser engraved clear Lucite block for a couple of our chapter shows.

Something like this year's QuadStates award is a trophy most folks would be really proud to display in the house. I know I would!

Guest PaulSigmund

Thanks Glenn,

I suggested to our club to make something that would be different and standout at this show make the Olds owner want to try and earn this award. I think it worked out pretty good and thanks for thinking the same thing.

Glenn please email me your address.

• 1 year later...