REMINDER:Choose prefix and add a descriptive subject title

Reminder:

All ads in the buy/sell forum must choose either <span style="font-weight: bold">For Sale</span> or <span style="font-weight: bold">Want To Buy</span> from the "Prefix" menu, and include a description of the item in the subject line.

Example:

1930 Model A Ford Coupe

post-31494-143138090101_thumb.png

• 4 years later...
Guest StanChevy1935

Can you recommend a resource on determining the validity of title of an antique vehicle for sale either in state or from another state? Let's say I'm interested in buying a certain antique vehicle to drive occasionally, not store permanently in a "museum" . How do you ascertain that you will be able to legally own/register the vehicle in your state, get license plates and own/drive in the public roads?

You pay the money, you receive the car and some paper work. You go to register it and your Motor Vehicle Agency has a problem with your vehicle's papers. How is this scenario avoided? How do you pre-validate the paper work? Thanks

• 9 months later...

I'd like to learn more about this. As in real estate, doing our "due diligence" to research the ownership & look for any liens is a given. While it's not too hard to search authenticity of known paperwork, I think a vehicle with no paperwork could be more of a sticky wicket. I imagine there are books or websites with details on this subject for those to whom it would apply.

• 8 months later...

Peter,

I wanted to add photos of wheels I want to sell and when I select attachments I get a window that pops up with some old pictures (six)of a Chevy I sold in January. Ignoring the old photos I finally figured out how to select pictures of the wheels but I kept getting an error window. The wheel images are 15k or less. I could not figure out how to eliminate the Chevy pictures. Help!!!

Guest StanChevy1935

Good Morning:

Looking for some 35 Chevy Standard wire wheels to purchase, 3.00x17 with a 5 bolt hole pattern at 5x4.75 for 5.25x17 tires.

Do you have any that's not damaged/bent etc, relatively rust free, and are in generally excellent condition? If so, please send pics, specs, and price.

Thanks

Peter,

I wanted to add photos of wheels I want to sell and when I select attachments I get a window that pops up with some old pictures (six)of a Chevy I sold in January. Ignoring the old photos I finally figured out how to select pictures of the wheels but I kept getting an error window. The wheel images are 15k or less. I could not figure out how to eliminate the Chevy pictures. Help!!!

• 5 months later...