Question for the experts...

Brandon Hunt

We (my family) have a 1931 Model A Pickup that I told was used as a wrecker for a short period of time... Im trying to get a sense of the value of the vehicle. (Im looking to restore it to 100% original condition if possible)

It runs good, good shape, needs a little cosmetic work but nothing too big, about 90-95% original.

Heres the catch, from what I hear, there were only 27 of these specific vehicles built. Whats so special about them? This one has a 4 speed transmission in it (granny gear)... from what I hear, all but this rare 27 of them were built with a 3 speed transmission...

How true is this and who or where can I go to find the approximate value of it? And to certify the rarity of it?

About 20 years ago, the owner of a local Cadillac dealership said he'd give my grandfather $250,000 and any 2 Cadillacs on his lot in trade for the vehicle... this is the only thing that gives us a sense of how valuable it may really be...

We've been curious about this for years, but havent really been able to find anything about it... Soooo Im workin a little harder on it now, haha...

Thanks a ton for your help guys!

Brandon Hunt