Vacuum Chamber for What?

Jay Foster

* Edit to Previous Post *

One of the members pointed at the there is pencil writing on the box.

He is right and it says "54 and older Chevrolet", however I would still like to confirm that the part in the box is the part that matches the box. Also, how much older like 49 to 54 or 50 to 51.

Also, I have several other parts that need identification and if anyone can tell me how to do this by part number it would be of great help.

Finally, just an FYI these items will be sold on ebay - but if you do a completed auction search you will see that these items hardly sell and when they do sell it is for little money. I just figured if I found out what they are I could list them for someone who may be in need them.

Thanks, jfoster_sms@yahoo.com

Guest GP Gleason

You photo is of a typical distributor vacuum advance mechanism for pre-1955 Chevrolets. HOWEVER........ the part number for 1953-54 is different than the 1952 number. Both of those are different from the 1939-1951 part number.

I don't know for certain but I would suggest the unit is more for the 1939-51 vehicles because of the hard-tubing-style threaded coupler.

I think the later ones used a rubber tube over the nipple. Some 1952-54 Chevy person can probably answer that.