1936 oldsmobile info

36oldz

• 3 weeks later...

RAFA, I will be posting photos soon.I just purchased car at end of nov.I bought car off ebay in Detriot.Very nice driver,has newer Hampton coach interior.Car is black with vermilion (red)stripes.Currently have car disasembled doing all new brakes,lines etc.Do you have a 36 also? If not whats your current ride. Thanx for asking about photos,and look forward to talking again! Mike

Guest 36OldsEight

Mike,

Do you still need the pictures of the dome switch? I just realized that I never took the pic for you. If so, would you like me to email it to you?

Chris Wilde

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 36oldz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">RAFA, I will be posting photos soon.I just purchased car at end of nov.I bought car off ebay in Detriot.Very nice driver,has newer Hampton coach interior.Car is black with vermilion (red)stripes.Currently have car disasembled doing all new brakes,lines etc.Do you have a 36 also? If not whats your current ride. Thanx for asking about photos,and look forward to talking again! Mike </div></div>

HEY MIKE,

MY CAR'S ARE BUICK'S AND CHRYSLER'S BUT A GOOD FRIEND JUST BOUGHT A '36 OLDS IN SO, CAL. TWO WEEKS AGO VERY NICE CARS.

LOOKING FORWARDS TO TALKING TO YOU TOO.

RAFA.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jays36olds

HEY RAFA ITS JAY THANKS FOR POSTING THIS TOPIC FOR ME.....

MY NAME IS JAY I JUST BOUGHT A 36 OLDS IM GONNA RESTORE IT BUT DOES ANY BODY HAVE WHERE ABOUT WHERE I CAN FIND A TAIL LIGHT....I WILL POST SOME PICS OF MY CAR...

Hello Jay,I also recently bought a 36 Olds 4-door.I assume your wanting a R.H. tailight? If so theres one in the OCA magazine this month.Heres the info: George Miller (908)403-6562.Enjoy your 36,looks like a nice ride! Talk too you later, Mike

Guest jays36olds

THANKS FOR THE #..BUT THE ADD WAS WRONG HE NEEDED A TAIL LIGHTHE SAID HE WOUNDED UP MAKING ONE....I AM STILL LOOKING FOR A TAIL LIGHT LENSE JUST THE LENSE ACTUALLY DOES ANYONE KNOW WHERE I MAY FIND ONE.....

Guest jays36olds

HOW ABOUT FUEL PUMP PROBLEMS ..I THINK I HAVE A BADD FUEL PUMP HOW CAN I TELL IF IT IS BADD.....I CAN DRIVE A FEW

MILES THEN IT STARTS TO SPUTTER THEN IT JUST DIES......

I WAIT FOR A WHILE IT STARTS BACK UP LIKE NOTHING AND WILL RUN FOR A LIL WHILE THEN DO THE SAME THING AGAIN????

Jay,see if gas is leaking from small hole in bottom of pump.The hole is there so when the diaphram cracks you can see a drip.Does the car have a fuel filter? You might check it especially if it sputters at higher rpm. The fuel pump kits are dirt cheap,I just bought one on ebay for 5.00 bucks.Just keep checking ebay for tail lense,I seen 2 on there within last couple of days. Had any luck on sidemounts or visor? Keep us posted! Thanx,Mike

Guest jays36olds

thanks mike on the pump info......is it hard to rebuild there is a place out where i live who carrys the kit to rebuild the pump????..and yes one of my buddies had a fulton visor....so i picked that up...but no luck on side mounts yet?....still looking....thanks again mike...

Jay, pump is fairly easy too rebuild. REALLY PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TOO ORIENTATION OF THE TWO SMALL SPRINGS&PLASTIC PLATES!!!! I tried too pay close attention when I took mine apart and still screwed it up.Luckily I have a service manual so I had too stare at it for awhile to figure it out.Thanx for the websites, I've bought some items from Fusick before but the other site I'd never seen.They have some neat items! I should have my car back together soon (pending food,gas,kids,WIFE !!!ect.)so I'l get some pictures posted. Talk too you later,Mike

Guest jays36olds

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 36oldz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Jay, pump is fairly easy too rebuild. REALLY PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TOO ORIENTATION OF THE TWO SMALL SPRINGS&PLASTIC PLATES!!!! I tried too pay close attention when I took mine apart and still screwed it up.Luckily I have a service manual so I had too stare at it for awhile to figure it out.Thanx for the websites, I've bought some items from Fusick before but the other site I'd never seen.They have some neat items! I should have my car back together soon (pending food,gas,kids,WIFE !!!ect.)so I'l get some pictures posted. Talk too you later,Mike </div></div>

THANKS MIKE I GUESS I WILL TAKE ON THE CHALLENGE WILL KEEP YOU POSTED whistle.gif

I HEAR YOU ON THE PENDING PART SAME HERE.....I SPOKE WITH THAT GUY TODAY FROM THE OTHER WEBSITE HE SEEMS PRETTY COOL..

I BOUGHT SOME ITEMS OFF OF HIM....LET ME KNOW GOOD LUCK TALK TO YOU LATER THANKS MIKE..

• 3 weeks later...

Hi all

i dont know if this is the right place , but i am restoring a 1935 6 cyl oldsmobile and need a hood rocket mascot /emblem . i dont live in the US and am having problems finding one does any one know if anyone is reproducing them ,any help or leads wil be appreciated

jay,hope that fixes the problem.I just finished all new brake shoes, wheel cylinders,ss lines and master cylinder on mine.I went with the new dot5 silicone brake fluid since everything was new.It's not suppost too draw moisture like dot3&4.It also has a higher boiling point,but don't think that's an issue with drum brakes.The biggest excitment was having my 11 year old son help bleed the brakes.He was still better than my wife.NEVER HAVE YOUR WIFE HELP BLEED YOUR BRAKES!!!!!! I finally found that black trim for the ashtray I've been searching for,from a guy in new mexico.I should have my car ready soon,so when the weather breaks I'l be ready too go.Can't wait! I've only driven it once around the block when I bought it in nov. Talk too ya later, Mike

• 2 weeks later...
Guest jays36olds

THANKS MIKE HOPE EVERTHING GOES WELL..WITH YOUR RIDE....

I GOT MINE GOING BUT ...NOW I GOT..ALOT OF DIRT..IN MY TANK

SO I AM GONNA DROP IT TOMORROW AND SEND IT OUT TO GET BOILED....OUT...AND THEN SLAP IT BACK IN....I WILL KEEP YOU POSTED....TALK TO YOU LATER MIKE...

HEY MIKE YOU DONT HAVE ANY PICS OF YOUR CAR?....THANKS JAY

Guest jays36olds

I AM LOOKING FOR THE REAR WINDOW ( CHROME OFF OF A 1935 OLDSMOBILE) IT SPLITS THE WINDOW IF ANYONE KNOWS WHERE THERE IS ONE LET ME KNOW THANK YOU IN ADVANCE JAY...

Guest jays36olds

ACTUALLY THE PHOTO IS PHOTO SHOPPED...I WANTED TO SEE WHAT IT WOULD LOOK LIKE ON THE GROUND..BUT THE TOP PIC IS HOW IT LOOKS

I JUST LOWERED THE BACK FOR NOW.....I PLAN TO AIR BAG IT SO IT WOULD SIT ON THE GROUND LIKE THE LOWER PIC.....THANKS MIKE AND RAFA.....RAFA YOUR RIDE IS LOOKING REAL GOOD ALSO..COMPA

• 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

New to the forum but very cool rides. I just bought a F36 and am looking forward to redoing it. It's in pretty good shape, but I'll probably go through all of it.

I saw the string of messages about the RH tail light. I would like to find one of them for mine. If you happen to know where I can get one, let me know.

Here are some pics:

post-56291-143137976775_thumb.jpg

post-56291-143137976776_thumb.jpg

post-56291-143137976777_thumb.jpg

post-56291-143137976778_thumb.jpg

post-56291-143137976779_thumb.jpg

Welcome Netman! I also bought my 36 olds off ebay in nov. Went too Detriot too pick it up.I seen your 36 on ebay,looks like a pretty descent car.Theres a r.h. tail light on ebay right now. It's up too 100.00 already, with a couple day's left. Keep us posted on your progress. Talk to ya later, Mike

Guest 36OldsEight

Gotta admit that it looks great lowered... if only the roads in Wisconsin didn't look like an artillery test range!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jays36olds</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HERE IS HOW MINES LOOKS RIGHT ABOUT NOW...

pACHUCO36002.jpg

jj20pACHUCO112.jpg </div></div>

• 1 month later...
Guest jays36olds

thank you 36 olds eight...here are some updated pics of it now......

i painted the rims black.....

PAINT006.jpg

PAINT010.jpg

PAINT029.jpg