1948 Lincoln Continental

MarkV

Guest imported_V12Bill

If you are meaning the lights to the outside of the lower grilles on the post war lincoln, the switch is under the dash to the extreme left. The headlites must be on and I think in the low beam position for the fog lites to work. Hitting the dimmer switch changes the lites from fog to low beam and back again. In 1946 the fog lites were an option and if you did not opt for the lites you got a blank to cover the hole where the lites would be. Some time in 46 the lites were standard and every car had them. All Continentals had the fog lites.

No Lincolns prior to 1942 had factory installed fog lights - no place to put them that looks "factory".

The accessory "Trippe Speed Lights" and other after-market driving lights were probably avilable as dealer installed acessories, or at Pep Boys, etc.

I believe that fog lights may have been optional on 1942 Lincolns, there is a spot for them in the lower grills, but I'm not an expert on '42 models. They became more common on post-war Lincolns.

Guest nasmith

Well, I've got a '40 LZ which at this time has no driving or fog lights - however the build sheet from the Benson Ford Research center shows that it was delivered new with "Roadlites". Does anyone have a pictuere of what these were?

Norm