What is the car on this 1911 postcard?

mitchellpierre

100% Overland, probably 1915 or 16.

I think 1915 was a big change to the smooth body. The badge and oval rad cap are give=aways for the Overland.

Guest imported_cadlights

How does a 1916 car get on a 1911 postcard? Check the radiator badge, the letters go down from left to right and the one in the other photo goes up from left to right.

Guest Noel Adams

THE POSTCARDS PRINTED LAYOUT ON THE BACK WAS PROBABLY COPYRIGHTED IN 1911. THE IMAGE IS 1916 . CHECK OUT THE DRIVING POSITION, THE NEGATIVE HAS BEEN PRINTED IN REVERSE. DEFINATELY 1916 OVERLAND MODEL 75..........NOEL

Guest Leonard Shepherd

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noel Adams</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

THE POSTCARDS PRINTED LAYOUT ON THE BACK WAS PROBABLY COPYRIGHTED IN 1911. THE IMAGE IS 1916 . CHECK OUT THE DRIVING POSITION, THE NEGATIVE HAS BEEN PRINTED IN REVERSE. DEFINATELY 1916 OVERLAND MODEL 75..........NOEL </div></div>

I wondered why the stripe on the emblem went opposite directions on the two cars.

Guest Noel Adams

IT DOES HAVE AN INTERESTING BADGE I MUST ADMIT, STYLE IS CORRECT BUT COLOURS AREN'T QUITE RIGHT, IT APPEARS TO STAND OUT MUCH BRIGHTER FROM THE BODY OF THE PHOTO. I WONDER IF THE BADGE WAS "DOCTORED" ON THE PHOTO BEFORE IT WAS PRINTED?? IT MAY HAVE BEEN DELIBERATELY PRINTED IN REVERSE.....NOEL