I thought you may enjoy this recent purchase. I liked the print but really wanted this as it is signed and numbered by Gordon Buehrig, as well as stamped with his personal seal.

Amazing what some people can accomplish while still in their twenties..

post-50141-143137956411_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I absolutely love auto related prints! Unfortunately, I'm about out of wall space and have to keep rotating stuff around. Have a bunch just sitting in a closet awaiting their turn. I have even been able to get away with decorating my office with some prints. Here is one that I really enjoy-found two of them at the Carlisle swap meet years ago. One was folded up (was very large) and the other was in a dirty broken old frame with really old cracked glass over it. Bought them both for about fifty bucks as I recall. I sold the large folded one for a lot of money the following year and it ended up in a well known collection, no doubt trading hands for considerably more than I got for it. But the smaller one in the frame I took to a framer for special treatment and it turned out to be an original work of art - here is the print in poster form with the advertising printed on it. It was quite a find and is one of the prizes in my collection today.

For info, the Ader was an early French auto built by a man named Clement Ader (I think) who was an engineer who helped installed the first phone system in Paris. Nice ad and a classic print called "The Confrontation" by Munier.

Terry

post-30751-143137957731_thumb.jpg