I Think I'm in Love.......

Dandy Dave

I went to an Upstate NY Buick Club meeting yesterday and some new folks showed up. A father and his daugter. They brought two Buicks and one was a 1990 Reatta painted Maui Blue. I think I'm in love! laugh.gif This one had a sun roof but I think I would like a convertable for myself. She sure looked sweet driving it away also. I wish I had my camera. Daaa-oh. (Another Homer moment.) crazy.gif This would have been another "Girls on Buicks" photo opportunity. smile.gif Nice Folks. I sure hope they come to the Up State NY Chapter Christmas party. cool.gif Dave!

Guest ZondaC12

D'oh! I wish this weekend wasnt as busy as it was, I had no time for myself work work work work. Ugh! Cant wait til winter break! Really wanted to come to the first meeting this season.

I like the Reatta's too. Very handsome car.

<span style="font-size: 8pt">Just out of sheer entirely random curiosity how old was his daughter? laugh.gif </span>

Dave, not sure if you & Paul are more interested in the Reatta or the lady. If y'all will go to the Reatta Forum, you will see many avid fans of the great car. Right now, they are reasonably priced & parts are available. Be careful as you read thru the forum, you may get hooked. I also like the older Buicks, & respect what Paul has done with his Dad's '38.

Guest ZondaC12

Alright I better stay away then smile.gif Haha and to answer your question.....I dont really know which I'm more interested in. That can be a tough decision for some of us! laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Just out of sheer entirely random curiosity how old was his daughter? smile.gif </div></div>

Ahem.... To old for you and maybe too young for me. crazy.gif

whistle.gif Dave!

I have been thinking of getting a Buick that would be more roadable than the 1915 so I could get to do more with the gang. I love my 15 and it has its place but it is not practical for summer evening cruses 80 miles from home or to go on The interstate with the group to places 100 or 150 miles away. It rides comfortable at 30 to 35 MPH and that's it. No wipers, no heater, lights that are very dim, no signals, and a slow pace that would hold everyone else up. A Reatta may just be the ticket to fill the void. That or maybe a Mid 50's Road Master. But the Reatta seems more doable.

As far as the lady goes, I think you found me out. wink.gif Oh Golly Gee wiz. blush.gifgrin.gif Dave!

Guest ZondaC12

Yeah a reatta would do you well, though personally I'd have to choose the mid 50s roadmaster, simply because.....its a mid 50s roadmaster!!! Man do I love that decade, and especially about halfway through, and ESPECIALLY the Buicks of that vintage! My favorite year has to be '56, and guess whose car made me that way! grin.gif

Guest imported_Thriller

Well Dave, this is your lucky day...with your skills, there's a '56 Special that you'd have on the road in no time.

There's also a '52 Roadmaster if you prefer the straight 8 over the V-8, but it may be a bit tougher to convince The Boss to let it go.

grin.gifwink.gif

I heard the Reatta and the Riviera they drove were both beautiful cars. Unfortunately I did not get outside to see them personally.

JD

ps: Zonda, I agree with you that Duane's Roadie is really nice. It makes me want a 56 Roadmaster too.

How come the really nice convertable ones are always Expe$$ive. cry.gif If I was a RASG I'd buy this one right now, but being a AGOBB, I,ll have to save my pennys and my dimes. wink.gif

Buick Reatta 60 Conv.

I see the 2 door hard tops are around two grand with lots of miles on them on ebay. I'm gonna hang out for a Convertable though. smile.gif

Yeah JD, They were both very nice cars.

I remember my aunt had a Regle back in the early 80's. She always called it the "Regle Beagle" grin.gif Dave!

There's a 55 Roadmaster 2 Door HT not far from here in a junkyard. I like the lines, and it is mostly complete but man is it ruff. frown.gif (Granted, if it was a convertable, it would be in my yard right now even if only parts.) The yard owner won't part it out but will sell it as a package deal with a 4 door special, also very ruff. 30 years ago these were decent cars and were fixable. (Yeah, I been going to that yard for that long.) The reason they were never parted out is that they were stored for another owner who never came back for them. I posted photos of these last spring in the Thread "Dimonds in the Ruff or Cream puff???"

I think I will hold out for a 2 door convertable. I seem to have a thing for them! crazy.gif The Reatta's seem to have my attention at the moment. grin.gif Dave!

Guest ZondaC12

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">ps: Zonda, I agree with you that Duane's Roadie is really nice. It makes me want a 56 Roadmaster too. </div></div>

Haha no I was talking about YOUR 56!!! First 56 Ive ever seen. And yes its not a Roadmaster but Im just talking about the 56 model year in general. I take it the roadmaster has a longer wheelbase or something, but it cant be much, yours and his look to be about the same to me, other than the color combos of course!

I love his too though, looked great sitting there at Goldsteins!

Whoa Mama. I is smitten and bitten! crazy.gif When I find one I do belive I would let that nice lady drive it if she wanted to. wink.gif After all, If her dad trusts her with his prize......And she is hangin around Buicks.....ya know what I mean. Love that color too! Thanks for the photos and info Barney. grin.gif Dave!

Dear Santa, wink.gif All I want for Christmas is a......Buick Reatta Convertible in Maui Blue please...... I've been a good boy, really I have. smile.gif And didn't I let you borrow my Buick last year???

I'm on the prowl..... grin.gifDave!

Yeah, I've been watching them. I called on the one in Texas and it has more miles but they say it runs like a dream. The girl in the office that answered the phone said the boss let her use it for a while when her car was in for repairs and it was fun to drive and everything works in it. The one in New Jersey is not that far away. I may go look at it today. Strange how rare things show up in two's sometimes?

Maybe Ol Saint Nick had something to do with it? wink.gif He can't deliver a new one because they don't make them any more! But he can tell his elves to see that a few show up on eBay just to tease me. whistle.gif Thanks for the info Jim, smile.gif Dave!

Dave,

Good luck with the Reatta. My wife has been hinting about one for a year or so and now is starting to talk Saturn Skye. I think it would be a lot cheaper to go with the Reatta at this point rather than a new Skye at 29,000 or so.

Stevo