Scotts 67 GS400 4 speed.

Guest 67 Gran Sport 400

Guest imported_67 Gran Sport 400

Here are some pictures of my car. The first one is how the car looked when I purchased it for some parts that I needed for my other GS 400. When I got it home and saw how nice the body was, I had to find all of the missing parts and put it back together. This car was a rolling frame, 2 doors, 2 fenders, and a trunk lid that was junk. The interior as well as the motor and trany were long gone. I am stll working on getting all of the parts, but it has come along way in a year.

Thanks, Scott

post-32763-143137954878_thumb.jpg

post-32763-143137954881_thumb.jpg

post-32763-143137954884_thumb.jpg

Guest ZondaC12

SWEET! Haha didnt figure I'd see finished pics, saw the first one and figured you'd just got going on it.

What a difference. She's a beaut. Lite em up!!! cool.gif

<span style="font-weight: bold">Really</span> likin' that color combo.

Guest imported_Thriller

Very nice transformation Scott. Looking good.

Are you planning on keeping it more or less stock or are you looking to change things around a bit? A car without a drivetrain is the perfect starting place for changes.

Guest imported_MrEarl

That is a gorgeous color combination. I really love the 66-67's. I had a 67 Chevelle 396 4 speed in my younger days. I actually went to Atlanta to look at Buicks when I bought it but couldn't get the price right. Wanted one ever since.

Guest GSScottie

GOD! What a pain in the you know what! I have been a member for a long time and it wont let me use my old name so I had to make a new one. Let me start by saying that I painted the car is the originial color combo. At first I was thinking of changing the color, but the more I looked into it, I realized that this car is one of maybe 5-35 4 speeds made in this color combo for the 67 GS 400s and this is an early car built 3rd week of December 1966. It is also a bench seat car from the factory. I didnt get the motor or trans with the car, so I found a 70 455 with 104k on it and a 68 M20 trans. It still needs alot of parts and work and I will update all as I go along. I am posting more pictures of it so you can get an idea of the kind of work that I do. I will post more later!

Thanks, Scott

post-54450-143137955157_thumb.jpg

post-54450-143137955159_thumb.jpg

post-54450-143137955161_thumb.jpg

post-54450-143137955163_thumb.jpg

post-54450-143137955165_thumb.jpg

Guest my3buicks

Scott, I would sure be surprised if that wasn't the only one made that color - it was not common for the GS 400's to have the two tone paint, it was much more common for them to be either solid color or have a vinyl top. I have been following 67's for 28 years, and while a really sharp combination, not a common one.

Guest GSScottie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: my3buicks</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Scott, I would sure be surprised if that wasn't the only one made that color - it was not common for the GS 400's to have the two tone paint, it was much more common for them to be either solid color or have a vinyl top. I have been following 67's for 28 years, and while a really sharp combination, not a common one. </div></div>

I am sitting here reading this and I hope that you are rite. I wish there was a source to find this information, but I have never found one yet. I did see an Ivory GS 400 4 speed for sale that had a med. green vinyal top with the same color green interior. That one was a bucket seat car. The only other GS 400 I have seen with a painted top was a red car with a white top. I have to think this would have been one of the more common color combos.

post-54450-143137955352_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GSScottie

Thanks for all the kind words about the car. I just got it fired up this week and also put 4 wheel alluminumn drums on it. I cant wait to drive it soon!

Thanks, Scott

post-54450-143137956519_thumb.jpg

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Guest GSScottie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GS40069Stage1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COOL 67 GS400!!! </div></div>

Thanks!! Here is a picture of it from last weekend. I cant wait to spend a bunch of money on gas and go for a ride!

Guest GSScottie

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GS40069Stage1</div><div class="ubbcode-body">COOL 67 GS400!!! </div></div>

Thanks!! Here is a picture of it from last weekend. I cant wait to spend a bunch of money on gas and go for a ride!

• 3 weeks later...