removing fan belt on 32

tbirdman

Guest imported_Speedster

There may Not be room enough between the Dampener and Radiator to get that very wide belt Out, without removing either the Dampener Or the Radiator first. If that's true, it may be easier to remove the radiator, (or maybe loosen it and move it forward), if you can't get the dampener bolt loose, which is sometimes very difficult.

If there is no other adjustment for the belt, then rotating the pump will be the belt tension adjustment. It is on my '29s.

Guest imported_Speedster

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Restorer32</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The case is eccentric. So are most Packard owners, come to think if it! </div></div>

LOL, smile.gif

Man, He's got us Pegged! smile.gif

Thanks for the help. The 32 has two thin belts. The radiator is out of the car so that's not an issue. I wanted for concourse purposes to replace the belts with something that doesn't say "carquest".

FYI, I do have some used 32 Packard carquest fan belts for sale.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Packard32</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Black magic markers won't help???? ...B </div></div>

I never thought of that, however water pump and belts are off. Did not have to touch the vibration dampner.