Time to share your best Hershey discoveries. I'll start with one of mine from Friday. This is a great candy or nut dish I think, probably French. Top half of the car (with driver) lifts off. I've got a few similar items as salt and pepper dishes and condiment sets. I've been told they were often sold as momentos of early auto races. Some were actually marked as souviners of specific events. Got a few more goodies I'll post later, but how bout sharing your great collectible finds with us -

Terry

post-30751-143137953222_thumb.jpg

Guest GP Gleason

OK. Since you asked...... try this one. "Removes bug juice from car ...."

Made by V. O. Frye Mfg Corp, Seattle, WA ...... call "EA-6077"

I'm pretty sure this is from the 1950s. How long has it been since we've had those kind of telephone numbers??? Smells like kerosene to me..... and something else..!

I thought it was cool, though!

buggy.jpg

Guest GP Gleason

RW:

Oh, on the contrary! It clearly states ".....without harming the paint" on the lable. But would tend to agree with you.

MAL:

That's a photo of a 1928 REO Flying Cloud business coupe. I restored it from a burned out mess back in the '80s.

I guess selling bricks from a famous driveway has sent everyone into shock, so it's time to get this forum back on track. Here's another Hershey goodie that goes nicely with the spark plug collection. Neat cabinet with a glass panel showing the Firestone spark plug and a light inside it. It looks great when lit but doesn't photograph too well like that. What else did you find at Hershey (either this year or in the distant past) that fits into the "keeper" category?

Terry

post-30751-143137955167_thumb.jpg

Nice find, Terry. I have a similar Champion case but I think yours would be a bit more rare.

Found four Texaco ash trays 40s-50s vintage with "pin up" or Calender style girls modeling with the Texaco logo. I understand there were 12, all by the same artist, Vargas who did a lot of pin up type work from that era. I have seen a couple on the "bay" since getting back, so I figure I better get the rest. Mainly parts this year, though.