Wayne & Kathleen's 1957 Buick Model 73 Roadmaster Riviera

Guest northern wayne

Guest northern wayne

I was going to have the cars full name tattooed on me but I don't think I would have survived the Branding!! LOL.

As you may have read elsewear I started out looking for an American 56 Pontiac 2 or 4 door hardtop to compliment the 56 Canadian Pontiac I was moving over to my son. As luck would have it there were none available at the time I was looking (lots since). But I kept bumping into an ad for this nice looking 57 Buick (nice looking for me means Blue). My son thought I should buy it, my wife thought I should buy it, eventually I thought I should buy it. One trip to Muskegon Michigan to check it out and then a second trip when Kathy and I flew down to drive it home. I did not realize how much attention a 57 Roadmaster would attract. It has since won a "President's Choice" award and a "Best Buick" award.

This past summer we drove it down to Iola where we were guests in the "Special Show Tent" as the theme was "Comin up sevens" and we were 195'7'. This year we are thinking of driving down to Flint Mich. for the BCA meet. Anyone think this would be a good idea for a couple of "Newbies"?

The car was originally restored in Omaha Nebraska 1992/93 and was trailered around to a few shows before one of the fellows that restored it (the actual owner?)passed away and the car was sold. I have talked to the body shop owner who did the original bodywork and painting and he sent me a few photos he had kept. He was quite pleased to hear from me about the car and was actually familiar with the area we live in. I believe there was one more owner between the restorers and the fellow I bought it from (Boyd Sherrif). If anyone reading this knows anything about this car or the people who have had it I would be pleased to hear from you.I will have to shoot some more photos, I have lots but very few with the new (this year) http: Diamondback wide whites.

post-53404-143137952745_thumb.jpg

post-53404-143137952747_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: northern wayne</div><div class="ubbcode-body">This year we are thinking of driving down to Flint Mich. for the BCA meet. Anyone think this would be a good idea for a couple of "Newbies"?

</div></div>

Wayne,

If you are interested in seeing over 1,000 Buicks in one place, then yet, it would be a good idea. I had dreams of taking the '62 to the Centennial in 2003, but it wasn't to be. We went anyway and camped just outside of Flint. It wasn't perfect for us, but was a lot of fun.

I haven't made arrangements yet, but I'm thinking of flying down Thursday, and home Sunday. We have a family event in early July and will probably drive the Wildcat to the Canadian centennial in Oshawa in August.

Yours is still a very nice car...don't get to see enough of those '50s Buicks in this part of the world.