pics of 1950 Super Riviera on road after 20 year slumber

Guest n1gzd

I just got my car on the road after working on getting it running since last November. I have been driving it a lot during what is left of the driving season and then I will get back to working on it again:

http://www.pangalacticconsortium.com/cars/NewBuickGallery/index.html

I have to say what fun this car is to drive. It is a lot different from my 58 Desoto and I like both cars equally. I am having so much fun with this car.

Rebecca

well, of course, I will be putting on the wheel covers. I decided not to put them on and scratch up the wheels until the spring (since I have lots of work to do this winter which will mean removing the wheels again).

Rebecca

Guest imported_MrEarl

Rebecca, I brought up my favorite shot. It really is a beautiful example of the 50 Super. I think the 50 Super has some beautiful lines and I love those portholes in the hood. I like the red wheels but think it will look classier with the wheel covers when you can put them on. Great job of spiffin her up. That appears to be the original lacquer paint? Great job of detailing the engine compartment too. Another of my favs was the one next to the 53 chevy. I love shows where the cars are grouped in years.Thanks for sharing all the images, there are some great ones. smile.gif

post-32987-143137950953_thumb.jpg