My 1961 Electra 225

TxBuicks

I've been reading about everyone else's cars for so long I finally decided to share one of my Buicks. It's still a work in progress but I'm driving it now like it is.

I found the car in Lawton Oklahoma several years ago. It is a 64,000 mile car that sat outside for almost 20 years while the previous owner drove other cars. Attempts to purchase it then had us within $500 of a settlement. When he wouldn't agree to split the difference, I got mad and walked away. Then last year, the Bugle ran an article on 1961 Buicks and I called the guy back. Yep, he still had it. Yep, it was the same price and he still wouldn't give me the $250. I gave in to him. Pete Phillips and I went to get it last year in May and took it straight to his workshop where he and another mechanic brought it back to life. Pete deliverid it to me in September last year. Since then I have done minor mechanical work, cleaned off the pounds of red Oklahoma dirt, and had the interior done locally. Here are the pictures taken when we went to pick it up.

post-31046-1431379503_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143137950309_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143137950319_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143137950327_thumb.jpg

post-31046-143137950582_thumb.jpg

Guest imported_Thriller

Very nice Roy...and A/C to boot...course, it is an Electra.

Can't wait for my Invicta to look something remotely as nice.

Roy,

Great looking car. It looks like it started out in pretty good shape. I do not know what you paid but I am sure you decided it was worth it. In the past year you have done a lot of the "good stuff" and it shows.

Good luck and we will all see you in Flint next year.

Stevo