1932 Chrysler C16 Sedan Restoration

Hi everyone, I am new to this forum but I need your help. I am slowly restoring a 1932 Chrysler C16 Sedan. I recently had my father In law (who speaks and understands no english) throwout all my notes and photographs of the car during stages of dismantlingand I do not remember verything. Is tere anyone who has restored a C16 from ground up, I am willing to purchase your old records and photos. PS.I am also in need of parts such as one front spoke wheel ,correct headlights and a gas tank cover. I also have a 1950 Desoto Custom in the shop. mmaupin@unityhealthcare.org

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Chrysler did not make a C16 in 1932.

The C16 was made in 1937.

If your car is a 1932 model it would carry the any of these prefixes CI, CP, CH,

Regards

John Spinks

Aussie C9 Airflow Coupe

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

To all,

Sorry for the mess up but I didn't realise that ci6 was the same as C16.

Maybe I shouldn't read things into them that are not really in the text.

Confused???? I am.

Cheers

John Spinks

Guest JohnArthurSpinks

Michael,

I will be going to Australia's Chrysler National Rally in the Australian Capital Territory at the end of September and during that rally it is distinctly possible that Imay come upon someone who knows the 1932 C1 6 cylinder models.

I will mention your plight and maybe?????

Cheers

John Spinks

Australia

• 1 year later...

I am also restoring a 1932 chysler CI6 sedan, and could use some parts and photos and information .please give me a call. I am about at the same place where you are with your restoration. I also have a 1950 Desoto Custom sedan. Please call Michael at 301-675-2494 or 202-508-0510 Thanks

I have never seen a Chrysler with taillights at different heights. I imagine that something was altered on the car pictured. No, there was no exterior visor in 1932.....1931 was the last year for that.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I know this thread is a little aged but I have just found my way to it. What beautiful cars and great work Donald_G! I drooled over your gallery and would love to see updates. I would also love to see any updates from ci6 or melati. Not trying to hijack your thread ci6 but I have an unrestored 32 CI 6 and have dreams of restoring it. A few pix of my baby:

IMG_5939.jpg

IMG_5940.jpg

IMG_5941.jpg

IMG_5942.jpg

IMG_5943.jpg

IMG_5944.jpg

IMG_5945.jpg

IMG_5946.jpg

IMG_5947.jpg

IMG_5948.jpg

Justin

Justin; Your Chrysler is such a stylish car that it even looks classy despite it's condition :)

Those are very nice cars. My favorite year for any US made car. The split windshield really adds a lot.

Start a project thread on "our cars and resto's" at the top of the forums.. Many people will tune in to see what you are doing. Nice find!

Thanks! This car sat in my Great-Grandfather's barn for decades and I used to play in it when I was a little kid. Considering it was buried in mud to the axles and on a farm full of mice I think it is in awesome condition. 20 years ago it was pulled out of the barn and my Grandfather and I got it running and I actually drove it. But now it has sat for another 20 years, albeit in better storage than the old barn!

It is amazingly complete - we even found the keys for the locking sidemounts stuck between the body & the running board!

Justin

• 1 year later...