My Buick, My Love, and I

Guest invicta592

Guest invicta592

I recently won this record on eBay, and thought it might be of interest to someone, if only for novelty value rather than an outstanding performance.

The record is a 45rpm Capitol SRS (Special Recording Services) issue, so this record would have been used as part of a promotion, but I really have no idea what year its from. The fact it is a 45 makes me think around 1956, but the song style makes me think 53/54.

Gordon MacRae and Giselle MacKenzie on one side, and The Mellomen on the other.

My Buick, My Love, and I

Guest imported_MrEarl

That's great Dave. Brings back memories of the sing-a-long held in Flint in 03. These were the themes songs used on The Milton Berle Buick Show and Jackie Gleason back in 54-57 or so. thanks for sharing. smile.gif

Guest invicta592

I never spotted the fan site. blush.gif

I see it lists the year as 1952 for this track. Still surprised to see it on a 45 for that year though

This song is the theme song for Milton Berle's second TV show, The Buick-Berle Show. The show ran from 1953 to 1956, and the song was actually written in 1951.

45's were first marketed by RCA Records in 1949. At the time this record was released it was commonplace to have both 45 and 78 rpm releases in the marketplace at the same time, and this song is one that's available on both.

Guest my3buicks

Now you have me looking. I have the full instrumental score and also the sheet music as well as the record for this song. I have about torn the house apart now looking for the "safe" place I stored the score. I kbw it's in a manilla envelope, hhhmmmm.

Another neat Buick song that I have a great artsy piece of sheet music for is "Take Me On a Buick Honeymoon".

I have the music for all three Buick songs but can only find two now. I love my horse & wagon, but OH! you Buick car, and Take me on a Buick honeymoon.The first is dated 1909 & has pictures of L. Chevrolet & B. Burman + Lewis Strang on the cover. Honeymoon number was published by Howard AUTO CO. in LA in 1922.I will try to add pics but have little luck. These are all origional Norb

Guest imported_Thriller

Norb - if it is just trouble with posting the pics, please e-mail scans / photos to one of us who can put them up. I'm eager to see this stuff.

I'm sure you guys have already seen this, but if you got to YouTube and searh the Classic Car Commercials, you'll see one of the Berle commercials with him driving a '53 Roadmaster -- windshield missing of course. I'd provide a link if I knew how. There's at least one other few other Buick commercials. As well.

It sure was a different time back then. It may have been better in some ways.....but I could never do without the net now!

Gary

Guest Skyking

I have the 39 episodes of the Honeymooners on DVD. At the end, there is a Buick commercial featuring a 56 Buick driving off............Jackie Gleason also mentions his sponsor....Buick!

I remember watching the Honeymooners when I was 9 years old. My parents just bought a new 55 Century and they were running ads of 55's then.........

• 6 years later...
Guest Rob Olson

The song My Buick, My Love and I was the second most popular song we sang in the University of Michigan Marching Band in 1951 because Buick helped support the band. We sang it in every parade and performance. In two weeks my music group is playing for the 60th anniversary of the Veterans Car Club in Utica, Michigan and I would love to be able to have our group play and sing this song. Wow, you even have the instrument score--that's amazing. I'd love to see it. And, if you can't find it, could I buy a copy of the sheet music from you? This is my first time on this site and I don't know what info goes along with the email. I'm Rob Olson and my email is: rolson@comcast.net

Guest my3buicks

Private message me so i have a reminder, i am moving Thursday so everything is packed away and it may beca while before all that is unboxed.

Guest Rob Olson
Private message me so i have a reminder, i am moving Thursday so everything is packed away and it may beca while before all that is unboxed.

Thanks for the fast reply. Our group is playing Sunday, September 28th. If you happen to unpack a few days before that time and also happen to find the score or other music of it, it would give me enough time to use Finale to make parts.

Thanks again.

Rob