BUICKS ON CRAIGS LIST

Guest imported_MrEarl

Guest imported_MrEarl

I often check in on Craigs list in the larger cities in Georgia and sometime the southeast depending on how seriously I am looking for something. Since one has to pull up the city and then do a search in that city for what they are looking for it isn't a very timely process. I thougt I would start sharing any interesting Buicks I see that someone might be interested in. I mean after all, regretably I can't buy them all. grin.gif

I really wish there was an easier way to search CL similar to ebay. Maybe there is and I just havent't figured it out. Does anyone else have CL Buicks to share.

'56 Buick 2 dr hardtop, w/parts car - $1500

1953 BUICK - $1400

1973 Buick Centurion Convertible with 455 engine - $3000

'53 Buick 2 dr Hardtop - $1800

1964 Buick Electra Convertible 425V8 bucket seats - $1000

1969 Buick Skylark Dependable - $2800

1963 Buick LeSabre - $12500

Guest ZondaC12

yeah CL is great i go on all the time for my area. surprising what you find! and yeah ive seen some good ol buicks before, dont have any links but theyre out there! good deals too smile.gif

likin that centurion!!! i really like those cars. alot. $3k not bad at all id take it if i had that to spend on a car.

Guest imported_Thriller

Lamar,

Why must you tempt me so? You know I can't save them all. Looking at that '56 ad tells me that my Special is worth squat if that is a reasonable going rate...hmmm...get the 322 running to be able to sell engine as running and eBay here I come methinks.

Here's some from albany NY

37 Buick

94 Roadmaster

72 Lesabre

There are so many Buicks I can't post them all. I wonder if this will work for ya? Note there is a 72 electra towards the bottom of the list. But these ads go way back to July 07. And don't bother calling on the 95 Riviera, it's been sold.

Albany Craigs list

Guest imported_Thriller

Hmm...the '95 Regal GS is old enough to be shown at National meets...hmm.

Guys, I'm begging you, please stop tempting me!

Guest imported_MrEarl

going by his email address he is in Forsyth which is in middle GA. I thougt that was a pretty good price too, hence my posting it. I hate it when they don't list their phone #.

Guest imported_MrEarl

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BJM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Yea knock it off. I want that 64 Electra convertible. lamar, are "your" cars from CL in Georgia only? That's a ways away from me. What a bargain. Buckets and console alone could bring $750 but I have owned 2 64 Electra convertibles and I have $1000 I could send him. I just don't know where he's at or how to get it home.... </div></div>

BJM The seller is getting desperate to get it out of his yard, he's lowered the price to $950. It's about 2 1/2 hours from me and probably too big for my trailer or else I'd offer to go get it and store it til you could get it.

Price lowered on 64 lectra

Guest imported_MrEarl

BJM, says he bought it to restore and he says it's too good to part out. Says the floors and trunk are good e ven. He just needs it out of his yard. I honestly don't think it will fit on my trailer. How much do these monsters weigh anyway.

Guest imported_Thriller

A '64 Electra convertible is only 4280 lbs (shipping weight), wheelbase of 126 inches, and overall length of 222.8 inches - so much length is the trunk that they will fit on most, if not all, open trailers. My Wildcat has the same wheelbase and has been on a few trailers...it's a few inches shorter and just over 4000 lbs, but it fits fine - just the overhang, and possibly door clearance over fenders as issues.

John,

That's a nice 79 Electra 2door, especially for the price. These CL cars seem to be priced reasonable. The 61 Electra, yea it's a 4 door, the photos aren't the best - but what you do see looks like a cheap way to get into the hobby with a classy Buick. Even if it needs a motor.

Hey Lamar,

Atlanta Craigslist sure does have a lot of tempting projects, the 1954 Buicks are my favorites, after 55 Chevies of course.

When I'm looking for a certain model I just Google "craigslist 1954 Buick", or year and make, it comes up with cars all over the country that way.

http://chico.craigslist.org/car/417328518.html <1954 buick century 4 dr $3250

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/car/416831373.html <1972 Buick Centurion Convertible - $972

Chuck

I had only casually heard about Craig's List before this post, now I love it! I wonder if people get a lot of calls on it since it does not seem to be well advertised.

I started browsing my state and states close by yesterday and spotted at least 6 old Buicks that sounded interesting.

There is a 69 Wildcat convertible in Minnesota, running and driving - for $1400. A 69 Electra 2 door HT in Iowa for $900, black on black. Also a 64 Electra 4 door for $3500 that sounded real nice.

Anyway, I called on a barn find 73 Boattail last night for $1,000 that is a one owner car with 60,000 miles. It has been in a barn since 1982, the year I graduated, when the 90 year old owner passed away. It is a one owner car because the family just had an estate sale and the present owner simply bought the car to prevent a demolition derby sale - he said no one else was bidding on it.

Somehow, I always miss these auctions.

Guest imported_MrEarl

BJM, so are you gonna go for the boat tail. g'luck if so!!

Do any of you ever check out the CL "FREE" section? Man what some people give away. I know a lady that goes around and collects all the free items and resells them. Sometimes, the large items she doesn't even have to pick up before she has sold it.

OK here is this weeks "MrEarls picks of BUICKS ON CRAIGS LIST-ATLANTA:

I'm really starting to like these lil 64-65-66 Skylarks and especially the Sportwagons

1964 Buick Riviera Big Block 465 - $5000

if anyone calls on this car, let us know what the asking price is for this low mileage 68

1968 Buick Skylark - High Performance Muscle Car!!!!!!

This is a beautiful car I wouldn't mind parking in my driveway

BUICK RIVIERA -COUPE-1996 - $2995

1994 BUICK CENTURY STATION WAGON - $1000

1985 buick riviera - $1200

1973 BUICK REGAL: $2500.00 obo!!!!!

BUICK DEUCE AND A QUARTER NICE! - $3500

<a href="http://atlanta.craigslist.org/car/420053808.html" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

Buick Reatta - $899</a>

And looks like the seller really wants to move this, he dropped the price a thousand

1973 Buick Centurion Convertible with 455 engine - $2000

If I hadn't just bought a couple more 54's I'd be calling about the lil wagon and the 96 Riv

If anyone ever sees a southern 60's-70's-80's Estate wagon within 400 mile of GA come up, let me know.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest kevinshea

based on suggestions above I downloaded Firefox and log onto http://www.craigshelper.com ... you can enter a search catagory and process the search over any number of location... e.g. entire Northeast or Southwest.

When you have specific interests, such as 1954, or woodie, you search can be done very quickly as the application returnd results and all you do it open the listing and look.

Much much faster than looking at each city or state individually.

Guest imported_MrEarl

I tried it Kevin but am apparently doing something wrong. Will try again later.

in the meantime here is MrEarls picks of Buicks on CL in GA

1964 Buick Riviera/SUPER WILDCAT/#matching - $4500

Be sure and check this one out no matter if you're looking for one or not

'84 Buick le sabre, fair condition daily driver, not diesel,108k miles - $450

1985 BUICK LESABARE BIG BODY $1,600 - $1600

48" Coke Sign - $375

Guest imported_Thriller

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MrEarl</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I tried it Kevin but am apparently doing something wrong. Will try again later.

in the meantime here is MrEarls picks of Buicks on CL in GA

1964 Buick Riviera/SUPER WILDCAT/#matching - $4500

</div></div>

Whimper...sigh...drool...sigh.

• 2 weeks later...

Recently I posted something for sale on my local Craigs list. Here's the third reply I got, which closely mimicks the 2nd reply:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Hello seller,

I am marthins i am from South bound brook Nj, and i am intersted to buy ur item placed on ads, well my payment method is cashier checks and as for the shipping i have my liable shipper that helps me with my shipping needs , so they will come over to ur place to pick up the goods, i will also like to know the asking last price for the product

,so if you are interested in selling to me i would like you to give me theTotalprice and feed me out with this info

name:

address:

city:

state:

zipcode:

phone:

i hope to hear from you soon take care back by sending me mail </div></div>

Honestly, Bound Brook Nj?// and Feed me out this information.

I feel like replying: The total price is 850 million in south american euros which I 'm sure you can get from the Dutchess of Uranashole who keeps sending me e mails looking for a way to get her wealth out of Moohshine since her hubby the Doof of Dutches was apparently beheaded. And if you'll send it right away in certified Cheks I'll be sure to send the goods to your shipper in Allunia and beg him to pick up the goods...But no refunds jerk..

John,

You crack me up!

Now even Craigs List isn't sacred! AAArrrgghhh!!!!

Seriously, I can't be happier with Craigs List. I have already let Mr. Earl know I got a 73 Riviera with 60,000 one owner miles off Craigs List for $800.

For the life of me I can not understand why this car did not sell. It is loaded, excepting A/C. It was ordered in October 1972 the way the elderly gentleman wanted it. It has original spare, original exhaust and the window sticker is in the glovebox, along with all records from new.

He passed away in 1982, and it sat in storage for 25 years. His widow auctioned it off, and the next buyer saved it from a demo derby bidder!

It is pristine except for some kick up behind the rear wheels and the engine is stuck. Oh well, I'll rebuild it to Stage 1 specs this winter.

So I am a believer in Craigs List. John, I'm still laughing but sorry thathappened to you. My god, what will those Nigerians try next?

Guest imported_Thriller

Yeah, that price looks a bit high...and for "amazing" condition, the upholstery and carpet look like they could use a cleaning at the very least.

Why is it folks who want that sort of money for a car won't even bother to clean it up before taking the photos?

That being said, I'd love to have a car like that. Selling Suzanne on a wagon is a bit tougher, but it could be done...eventually.

Guest kevinshea

That guy has been trying to sell the wagon for about a year now on Craigslist... and hasn't dropped the price... too crazy even to go look at it..