updated pictures of my progress

Guest n1gzd

Here is a picture of my 1950 Super engine running for the first time in 20 years. I am still in the middle of my restoration project which is not close to being finished though:

http://www.pangalacticconsortium.com/cars/Buick/imgpages/image076.html

You can see all of the pictures here. Some of them were just taken for reference (not pretty but useful). I also have a few hundred reference shots taken of a nice restored 50 Special but I did not put them on the web.

Here is the beginning of the pictures. They start with some more recent ones and then it goes back to the day that I got the car.

Rebecca

Guest imported_Thriller

Right on. I have a couple of questions though. That wedge cushion on the front seat in one of the photos - is that upholstered the same as the car? I have a similar item in my '41 and was just wondering if that might have been something that was an accessory or just coincidence.

Are you planning on keeping the '52 "fins" in the long term? They look good on the car, just wondering.

I think that the wedge cusion came with the car (an option that came with the seat cover because it is the same material). My car is a long way from looking like it came from the factory. I have done nothing except work on the engine area.

I like the 52 fins and I will probably keep them. They are badly pitted and will need to get rechromed.