making progress

Guest n1gzd

Guest n1gzd

I still have a long way to go in getting my 50 Super running but here is a progress report. Last weekend I finally mounted the manifolds and began to install the wiring harness. Here are a few pictures (assuming that posting them succeeds).

post-49820-143137942519_thumb.jpg

post-49820-143137942522_thumb.jpg

post-49820-143137942524_thumb.jpg

post-49820-143137942526_thumb.jpg

post-49820-143137942529_thumb.jpg

Guest n1gzd

I did get them resurfaced and the manifolds appear to fit ok. Of course the proof will be in whether they leak. That fender cover really belongs to my Desoto but somehow they got mixed up. wink.gif

Guest n1gzd

I'll tell you. This is the dirtiest grimiest car I have ever worked on. When I first got started I needed a scraper to scrape off grime that was as thick as 2 inches in places. There is no pressurized water where I work either so I had to cart in the water that I used. I ended up using a pressure wand using a air compressor siphon stuck into jugs of super clean and then water. I really needed a steam cleaner. After I can move the car more easily I will probably still steam clean the wheels and suspension parts. sometimes when I am working on this car I get so dirty (head to toe) that sometimes it is a week later that some of the dirt comes off. I have ended up with perpetually dirty hands. I have also ruined most of my jeans (keep buying more for work - I wear jeans for work as a computer programmer but I really need them to be free of holes and grease stains). wink.gif

All your "before" photos look better than my '52 Special looks today. It's going to take gobs and GOBS of work for me to get to get nice shiny, clean "after" pics like you've got.

But at least now I know what mine is <span style="text-decoration: underline">supposed</span> to look like. Nice work! Keep up the updates.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NTX5467</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gaskets????? What about that fender cover????

NTX5467 </div></div>

Hey, I don't imagine the fender cover is complaining! I sure wouldn't be.

Very nicely done Rebecca. Your dedication to the task and the historical authenticity are evident. Good luck with the rest of the project. It will be great to see your car when it's done, knowing the background as as shown in the pics.

JD