1937 McLaughlin Roadmaster Convertible information needed

chstickl

Hi, I just bought a 1937 McLaughlin Roadmaster 80c Convertible in Canada and brought it to Germany (where I live). To get it registered here, I would need some documentation on technical data (dimensions, weights, engine, tires, max speed, etc.). Is there a source that I can access or is there anyone who can send me a file with the data. Your help is much appreciated.

Christian

Guest imported_Thriller

By then, the McLaughlin Buicks were essentially the same as Buicks with a bit of different badging. Information about the same model Buick should be what you need. Some of that would be in the judging handbook (online at buickclub.org - tires and wheels anyway). Chassis information and weight could be found using the book <span style="font-style: italic">Standard Catalog of Buick</span> - I'm traveling right now - otherwise I'd be able to look it up for you.

Guest OracleUK

1937 McLAUGHLIN-BUICK SERIES 48 ROADMASTER 6-passenger Regular Convertible Phaeton, Model 4829 I think Serials ran # 7482900087 TO # 00646. Engine numbers ran # [W]3190610 and up.

Production commenced October 1936

8-cylinder overhead valve engine; Bore & Stroke 3 7/16 x 4 5/16 inches,320.2 cubic inches; or 87.31 x 109.54 m.m. Bore and Stroke, 5,247 cc capacity.

Wheelbase 130 1/2 inches

Weight: 4,500 pounds new

C$2494 new delivered, but increased $40 in August 1937!

Engine: 130 bhp @ 3,400 rpm.

Taxable Horsepower: 37.81

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Engine overhead valves, 3 7/16 x 4 5/16 in. bore and stroke, (Treasury rating 37.8 h.p.; completely self-lubricationg; detachable head; detachable 5-point suspension with rubber mountings; water cooled with centrifugal pump; water temperature controlled by thermostatically controlled by-pass; full pressure-feed lubrication with crankcase ventilation; oil temperaure control; Delco 2-unit electric starting, lighting and ignition system; starter solenoid, electro-magnnetic, operated by accelerator pedal or hand throttle with positive engagement; double-drop frame with “X”-type cross-members; all-silent synchromesh gearbox with helical gears throughout and three forward speeds; dry plate clutch; Stromberg areotype downdraught carburretor with automatic and thermostatic heat control; air cleaner; petrol pump; centre point worm and roller type steering; fully-enclosed propellor shaft; semi-floating type rear axle; banjo type pressed steel housing; spiral bevel drive; Bendix hydraulic 4-wheel brakes with a hand-lever under the dash operating the rear shoes mechanically; independent knee-action coil springs on each front wheel whilst the rears were semi-elliptic in metal covers; front shock-absorbers, double doubele-acting independent inertia controlled, rear, double acting hydraulic; front and rear stabilisers to control cornering; 6 solid disc wheels with straight side low pressure tyres of 16 x 7.00 in.; 2 metal sidemount covers for the spare wheels; front and rear bumpers; 4-door 5-seat saloon body with turret steel roof, adjustable front seat, roof light. Fisher “no-draught” ventilation system, large built-in luggage compartment, rear blinds, foot rests, driving mirror, doube automatic windscreen wipers, cigar lighter, clock, combined slam and private locks, exterior chromium plated fittings, fitted with safety glass throughout; overall length 17 ft. 3 in.; width 6 ft. 3 in.; wheelbase 131 in. </div></div>