Founders Tour in Vermont

Guest imported_Bookreader

Because this forum was closed for construction,there has been no comment about the spectacular tour that was just completed in Vermont. The committee, although with very few members to do the work; did an absolutely outstanding job of creating a tour that was all anyone could desire.

The scenery was fantastic, the events scheduled and even some unscheduled [ ok, so some made some wrong turns occassionally-that's what tours are about]were amazing. From beginning to end we enjoyed history, beauty of nature and had such a great time. So many thanks to all who made this possible. If you have never toured with AACA members, give it a try. If you can't do the longer ones; take a "Divisional" tour or get your own club to go away for just the weekend. The laughter, the sharing of this hobby, and of course there is always food- makes the Antique Car Hobby expecially wonderful. BRAVO- Vermonters!!!! The hobbyists and the people who received us so beautifully at each venue made special memories for all of us.

I happened to stop by a Triumph Club show and tour being held this week in Geneva, NY this morning. One of the members was saying how an AACA tour was in Vermont last week. He was very surprised that it was not all old Packards and Caddies! In fact the first car to arrive at one venue was a pristine Pinto and he thought was quite funny. I briefly tried to tell him that many AACA folks were now touring much newer cars but it seemed to fall on deaf ears.

Perception is reality most of the time and perhaps this is exemplifies a small image problem for AACA? Those outside the club do not know what goes on in AACA and their belief is that it is for prewar or older cars only? Apparently the general public needs more education on what defines "antique" to the AACA!?!?

I do not see any Pintos listed in the car list nor do I remember any on the tour. We did have some Corvairs. You are correct that we need to get the word out as to what AACA is and how much enjoyment there is with this organization.