1927 Whippet 96

You should be very proud! I have the same car, but definitly not in the same condition!

I am still in the searching stage, getting all the parts, and haven't started even cleaning.

I am, however, presently preparing to build my "restoration garage", which, once done, will

house my Whippet. With your permission, I would like to keep your address, as I'm sure I'll

need many questions answered! Bill Bryant, P.O.Box 968, Marion, MT 59925. My email is: bryant@cyberport.net. Thanks

Defiantly keep in touch. My dad and I have been working on this project for many many years (most of our time was spent collecting parts and procrastinating). After moving the car and all the boxes of parts a half a dozen times or so, we decided that it was time finish the car. The last time we worked on the car was about 25 years ago when we pulled the body, restored the cassis and rebuilt the motor (and did some body work). Then priorities changed and the car was sidelined. Finally last June we got to work one day a week and now we are almost finished. I got a copy of the “Whippet Encyclopedia” through the WOKR club, it has every spec, part number, production change made during production of the Whippet. If you have any questions, I would be more than happy to help.

Thanks

Greg

• 7 years later...

That is a beauty! I ended up with the sad remains of a 28 4 door somewhat by accident... I saw the embossed visor and thought it looked like a Plymouth or Desoto. It's another one of those "some day" projects that is sidelined until I get my heated shop completed.

42 Cady, if the 27 is like the 28/29's I believe that VIN # tag should be right on top of the right rear frame rail ahead of the bumper bracket. If you can't see it from 5 ft. away, it's likely gone.

That is a beauty! I ended up with the sad remains of a 28 4 door somewhat by accident... I saw the embossed visor and thought it looked like a Plymouth or Desoto. It's another one of those "some day" projects that is sidelined until I get my heated shop completed.

42 Cady, if the 27 is like the 28/29's I believe that VIN # tag should be right on top of the right rear frame rail ahead of the bumper bracket. If you can't see it from 5 ft. away, it's likely gone.

Hi, Thanks for the info I am going to look at it tomorrow and I will look for it. Thanks so much, Larry