ME AND MY '36 CHRYSLER AIRSTREAM C - 8

Guest RAFA

Guest RAFA

IT HAS BEEN ONE YEAR SINCE I HAD HER BROUGHT HOME FROM QUEBEC CANADA.

th_100_0662-1.jpg

th_100_0663-1.jpg

th_100_0666-1.jpg

THESE LAST TWO PICS ARE FROM CANADA.

th_MY36CHRYSLER.jpg

th_1936Chrysler46.jpg

Guest RAFA

FOUR DAYS LATER THE WATER PUMP GAVE OUT AND IT TOOK A FEW MONTHS TO FIND ONE. BUT FINNALLY

DID IT A FEW MONTHS AGO.

th_IMG_0292.jpg

th_IMG_0268.jpg

th_IMG_0291.jpg

Guest RAFA

SO IN MARCH OF THIS YEAR I GO TO MY LOCAL D. M. V. TO REGISTER MY C - 8 AND TO MY SURPRISE THE VIN # ON THE CAR DID NOT MATCH THE NUMBER ON THE TITLE... SO THEY TOLD ME I HAD TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT WITH THE C.H.P. WELL THAT APT. WAS ON WED, 5 -16 -07 SO I GOT MY CHRYSLER READY FOR THE 15 MILE TRIP TO MARTINEZ, CAL. C. H. P. ONCE THERE ALL WHENT WELL THE OFFICER IN CHARGE OF THIS KIND OF THINGS WAS VERY UNDRESTANDING, AND TOLD ME THIS KIND OF THING HAPPENDS ALL THE TIME. SO HE WENT INSIDE AND CAME BACK WITH A NEW BLUE TAG VIN # FOR MY CAR , THEN PUT IT ON THE DOOR POST.

th_IMG_1651.jpg

th_IMG_1652.jpg

th_IMG_1653.jpg

th_IMG_1655.jpg

th_IMG_1659.jpg

th_IMG_1656.jpg

IT WAS A GOOD DAY...

• 2 months later...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RAFA</div><div class="ubbcode-body">FOUR DAYS LATER THE WATER PUMP GAVE OUT AND IT TOOK A FEW MONTHS TO FIND ONE. BUT FINNALLY

DID IT A FEW MONTHS AGO.

th_IMG_0292.jpg

</div></div>

Great looking Chrysler! I'm starting to be more convinced to get one from 30's !!! WOW!

But the picture (atleast it seems like that)- I would never - I mean NEVER - use a jack without stands - too many accidents that happen that way. I had once luck and only

my NOS air filter for my 1960 383 V8 was crushed - thank god I wasn't under my Imperial that time.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JohnD1956</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I love that last picture. the Buick looks like the same color as the Chrysler.

Glad things got straight at the CP.

Nice cars!!! </div></div>

THANKS JOHN , THEY'RE ALMOST THE SAME THE CHRYSLER HAS MORE BROWN IN THE PAINT.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: AntarcticDave</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Great car RAFA!

</div></div>

THANKS DAVE, DO YOU HAVE ANY PICS, OF YOURS

MIKA, COME ON NOW YOU KNOW I WOULD NEVER USE JUST THE JACK. IT'S THE ANGLE OF THE PIC. THE JACK STANDS ARE THERE.

Guest AntarcticDave

Hi RAFA,

One of these days I am going to post the story of my 47, including things like the guy rebuilding the engine skipping town. In the meantime, here's a picture from a tour the club did last fall. I always loved these old GM fastbacks. I bought this car on Ebay from someone in Pennsylvania who'd had it stored 2 decades. I've been slowly restoring her over the last 6 years. I'm just about done with mechanical work, having just got the front end rebuilt.

fallcad.jpg

WOW DAVE , THAT CADDI, IS NICE...... cool.gif YHEA POST UP YOUR STORY OF THE CADDI. HEY COLORADO HAS A THING FOR 46 - 47 CADS. MY FRIEND FERNANDO HAS A '46 AND A '47 TWO DOOR FASTBACKS BEAUTIFUL CARS..... grin.gif HE LIVES IN COLORADO SPRINGS.

DSC_0086.jpg

DSC_0066.jpg

DSC_0062.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

Guest AntarcticDave

Cool car RAFA, mine will hopefully shine that much when I get the 30 year old lacquer stripped and the car repainted, and some more re-chroming done. Your friend should join the local Cadillac & LaSalle club - they have some fun events. We're all headed down to Durango 8/23 for a steam train ride, a private tour at Mesa Verde, a dinner at a dude ranch, etc.